Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Merry Christmas

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    la harpe, il
    Posts
    702
    Merry Christmas everyone.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    AmishLand, PA
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by DozerBoy View Post
    Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

    (Beautiful video, John. You're lucky to live in such a picturesque part of the country! You may be "lost in time" but I can't help but think that y'all know what is truly important in life.)

    And Merry Christmas to you, Eric. Thanks for the kind words and yes......with no social networking-political hacks-executive orders-masks-rioting hoodrats-LGBTQEIEIO megaphone powered protesters....we're a pretty happy and content lot. On the other hand we do have the occasional "traffic jam" which would be 2 buggies or cars in front of you at a stop sign.

  3. #13
    Senior Member BuellyBagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nebraska City, NE
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    And Merry Christmas to you, Eric. Thanks for the kind words and yes......with no social networking-political hacks-executive orders-masks-rioting hoodrats-LGBTQEIEIO megaphone powered protesters....we're a pretty happy and content lot. On the other hand we do have the occasional "traffic jam" which would be 2 buggies or cars in front of you at a stop sign.
    I'd bet you folks have a lot of traffic tie ups that involve everyone politely insisting the other person goes first when a couple cars arrive at nearly the same time at a four way stop.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    AmishLand, PA
    Posts
    412
    Constantly, Cody. Intersection of Forest Hill road and Quarry road right behind my house, a perfect example.
    "Hi there and you go, good Sir. No....you were here a split second earlier Ma'am, so please proceed."
    Just like that.

  5. #15
    Member TheWood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mendocino, CA.
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Constantly, Cody. Intersection of Forest Hill road and Quarry road right behind my house, a perfect example.
    "Hi there and you go, good Sir. No....you were here a split second earlier Ma'am, so please proceed."
    Just like that.
    When that happens to me, I end up giving up and proceeding, more often than not at the same exact time the other folks do. Then one of us has to hit the brakes; and more often than not I let them do that.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    218
    Merry Christmas and thanks for the video easy to get choked up and homesick on that one. I miss working Peach Bottom and Three mile each fall then down to Richmond to Dutch Gap and Thanksgiving with family. I sometimes hate having my own business instead of just traveling for contractors as a Boilermaker, sometimes hard work but I got to see every part of our beautiful country.

  7. #17
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Buc-ees
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone and God bless you.

    0:56 one of my neighbors.
    1:52 right behind my house and the bridge I use to "get to town and back".
    1:46 Amish drag-racing. Very popular here with the youth.

    And yes, I know....we're country bumpkins and all that and considered losers-lost-in-time, that the world has passed by. But we're also very Godly, content, happy, thankful and we like who we are because it's all we know.

    Attachment 15988

    This is awesome John! Thanks for sharing!

  8. #18
    Senior Member Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    AmishLand, PA
    Posts
    412
    My pleasure Aaron and glad you enjoyed it. Us Amish are quite the sporty lot. Couple of clowns from the local hardware store down the road from me.


  9. #19
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Buc-ees
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    My pleasure Aaron and glad you enjoyed it. Us Amish are quite the sporty lot. Couple of clowns from the local hardware store down the road from me.

    Is this the trailer for the new movie: The Slow and the Serene: Mennonite Drift ?

  10. #20
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    9,770
    Whats the equivalent of Mennonite V-tech? Extra Hay in the morning?



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •