Thread: Resurrecting a Red Lobster

Threaded View

Nope, both the stator and rotor are brand new but stupidly bought as HD OE, not upgraded. I'll see if my machinist has a .030" drill bit if you're interested. He has access to an EDM machine but the set up for one is dumb/expensive and IMO totally unnecessary.

This bike has the Harley fix harness too and it charges just fine even with the OE heated grips on max. I might pull off the stator cover to see if this rotor has been done and remove the harness if it is, but for now I don't think I care enough to bother.

The test ride revealed a pulsing rotor and a tiny oil leak from the cylinder head drain line, fixed the line, and pulled off the front wheel again. A warped rotor is rare (usually its brake pad deposits) so I removed the rotor, wired the deposits off, cleaned it, detailed/lubed/re-torqued the hardware, and nope Warped. Lame but luckily I had a really nice good one thats been collecting dust so I pulled the wheel AGAIN and swapped it on, re-re-bedded the pads and all good now! It's still fast

All the Red Dragon needs now is a good polish and a 4-beer weekend detail, and then it will be ready to drink the blood of its enemies

Anyone have a red solo cover?
    Last edited by Cooter; 01-19-2022 at 01:10 AM.