Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Cable damage

Question Throttle Cable damage

So rotating the engine to access the rocker boxes which were leaking, I noticed that my throttle cables are damaged. The main throttle cable is fine although the metal bends close to the throttlebody is worn down to the point where the inner sheath is exposed. The lower cable has its metal bend snapped off from the rest of the assembly. Is it absolutely necessary to replace that lower cable? I’ve heard that it’s perhaps inconsequential. I’ve ordered new cables from twin motorcycles, but being that they’re coming from Holland, I reckoned it’s gonna be a while.

I looked online at St. Paul's HD as well as Newcastle and nothing showed up for the Lightning specific part numbers. Do you have access to something I don't?

Either way, I was more curious if I can limp the bike along until I get replacement cables.

Yes, he does. No, you shouldn't (IMHO) Risk > Reward

I offered a new-in-the-bag cable to you. No response. Heck, I'm sitting in Scottsdale right now, could have even brought it to you. You post a ton of new threads, don't you read them?
    Last edited by Cooter; 01-08-2022 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Yes, he does. No, you shouldn't (IMHO) Risk > Reward

I offered a new-in-the-bag cable to you. No response. Heck, I'm sitting in Scottsdale right now, could have even brought it to you. You post a ton of new threads, don't you read them?
    You guys crack me up. I didn't realize I was offered a new-in-bag cable? The throttle cable (the upper one) is workable - it can still be used... not ideal, but no a showstopper yet.

UpperThrotCable.jpg

The lower one's 90 degree bent housing thing has snapped off the threaded bit - probably my fault. Is it critical if it's broke like shown in the pic?
    LowerThrotCable.jpg

Come on, life is busy and it gets in the way of fun all the time. Give him a second chance ?

I never said I wouldn't. I'm saying it's another thread on the same subject, and he got the answers already, so I'm confused. Are they not the answers he wants?

Wtf bruh. Can’t you just get him a tune to fix the cable? Having to sit around and wait for you to deliver a free cable is lame-o.

I made a new thread for the cables because the “other” thread is mainly regarding rocker box gaskets.

The OEM cables shown in the previous thread don’t have the right part number listed for my bike, which is a 2008 XB12Ss. I appreciate the offer, though… the correct cable part numbers are N0307.5AC and N0308.5AC.

Your original inquiry requested cable info for the 2008 AND LATER XB-S model as based on provided pic of your model. THOSE are the part numbers I provided for you. Any other part numbers now being tossed around are both confusing and worthless. God Almighty.

REPEATING SAME AS FOLLOWS---APPLICATION IS ALL LIGHTNING MODELS--LONG FRAMES AND Tt USE SAME.
    2008-2010 XB ALL LIGHTNING THROTTLE PULLER CABLE---N0307.5AC----STILL AVAILABLE THRU DEALER SYSTEM
    2008-2010 XB ALL LIGHTNING THROTTLE PUSHER CABLE--N0308.5AC----STILL AVAILABLE THRU DEALER SYSTEM
    2003-2007 XB ALL LIGHTNING THROTTLE PULLER CABLE---N0307.1ADA--STILL AVAILABLE THRU DEALER SYSTEM
    2003-2007 XB ALL LIGHTNING THROTTLE PUSHER CABLE--N0308.1ADA---STILL AVAILABLE THRU DEALER SYSTEM
    Last edited by Barrett; 01-09-2022 at 07:08 PM.

Are those cables available from the dealer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast