Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throttle Cable damage

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Great! I'm not doubting your cable making skills. Go for it. I've made hundreds of cables for bicycles over the years, so I completely understand where you are coming from.

I thought you were going to make your own cables? You could make the cables for a fraction of the cost, and in less time than it will take Twin to process the order, get it packaged, and have the carrier pick it up. They're just cables after all, and this isnt going to be a concours level restoration, is it?
    Haha, certainly not a concours restoration!

I'm going to remove the cable and see what can be done to repair it... the bend with threads on the end is probably the main concern with mine (the tube has snapped off of the threaded region).

Quick update on this.

Before I was able to completely remove my cables from the bike, new Venhill cables from Twin Motorcycles showed up in my mailbox. Not sure how that was even possible, but the delivery time rivaled that of Amazon! They were a perfect match and made using their Featherlite material. I've got those in place now.

I now also understand why the stock cables became damaged and worn out as shown in the picture I posted earlier. It looks like there is supposed to be a clip that holds the coil wire harness away from the throttle cable bracket on the throttle body. My bike appears to have never had this clip and that is exactly why the harness sawed through the throttle cable housing. I made my own little clip and hope to have solved that problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123