Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twin Motorcycles Dual Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    You getting off your butt would be like Cooter on a ride and passing up a micro brewery !
    Tonight! I get off my butt and make this happen. 3 weeks of careful planning goes into motion tonight!

Just to add my useless 2 cents. I have a D&D on an XB12R... LOUD and TANGY is the way I would describe it. I'm not a fan of the sound. I preferred the Jardine can that it replaced BUT before you all chime in... Yes it BLEW UP GOOD! Hence the D&D that I got for an amazing price (probably from a guy worried about his hearing). The stock exhaust on my Uly is perfect for my old ears, no one wants to tour for more than 15 minutes with exhaust booming in their helmet. Don't get me started on the Barker on the 1125cr. (GAWD I'M OLD)

I liked the sound of the Jardine on my old XB9. Mine never blew up, though. In fact I saw the bike not too long ago, and the Jardine is still in place 6 years later.

I'll add my useless $.02. The '08 I bought had a hollowed out can with two nozzles. OMG loud, and backfired even louder. And the bike surged badly at cruising speed.

I bought some 'silencer inserts' off Amazon, and stuffed them in - it helped a good bit, but still obnoxious. And still surged.

A buddy (RIP) had a stock can, and he mailed it to me. It took some work (for some reason, the header pipe was too short), but the bike is very quiet, and runs great! I sold the loud can on eBay.

Yep - I'm old. I've got no use for loud pipes - on any machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushr0d View Post
    I'll add my useless $.02. The '08 I bought had a hollowed out can with two nozzles. OMG loud, and backfired even louder. And the bike surged badly at cruising speed.

I bought some 'silencer inserts' off Amazon, and stuffed them in - it helped a good bit, but still obnoxious. And still surged.

A buddy (RIP) had a stock can, and he mailed it to me. It took some work (for some reason, the header pipe was too short), but the bike is very quiet, and runs great! I sold the loud can on eBay.

Yep - I'm old. I've got no use for loud pipes - on any machine.
    I agree with this. I'm asking Kevin to build me a "quiet" Drummer. I'll glady exchange some hp's to lose some db's.

GET OFF MY LAWN!! Damn kids and their motorcycles....

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I agree with this. I'm asking Kevin to build me a "quiet" Drummer. I'll glady exchange some hp's to lose some db's.
    Can you update us with what you find out? I would also be interested in a "quiet" Drummer setup.

Thanks!

Rather than making permanent changes to the muffler, Kevin had an old 1125 db killer lying around the shop from awhile back that he sold to me. I've received the muffler back but have yet to install it.

Why don't you find the right size freeze plug and drill some holes in it? Start with on large hole in the center. Then drill smaller holes around the circumferance until you have the sound.

We did this back in the day with our cars running straight pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Rather than making permanent changes to the muffler, Kevin had an old 1125 db killer lying around the shop from awhile back that he sold to me. I've received the muffler back but have yet to install it.
    Cool, so you have the Drummer SS and are adding the db killer? Curious to hear what your thoughts are on the sound.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast