Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twin Motorcycles Dual Exhaust

Twin Motorcycles Dual Exhaust

Does anyone have one here in the states? How do you like it? And was shipping any problems?
    I watched some videos and I like the sound and the looks. I had a Drummer before it it was too loud for me but I want something more than stock. I already have another ECU with a race map.

Hmmm looks familiar

Is there an existing thread that I missed somewhere?

I think that comment was meant to point out that it looks like a Dean Adams or D&D. Both of which are known for being loud. Dean sometimes pops his head in here from time to time, so maybe he can chime in.

There was an "exhaust shootout" done years ago comparing the D&D, both Drummers, stock and a variety of other exhausts, and the D&D came out on the "loudest" charts and the Drummer on the "quietest" charts

There is only so much muffling that can be done through those two small mufflers with dual outlets, vs one larger chamber with a single outlet.

IMO if you want quieter, you're better off finding a Race muffler, or sending your Drummer back to Kevin and asking him to quiet it down.

I would like a Race muffler but I think it would be easier to find a pot of gold under a rainbow. The Drummer I had was on my first Uly, so I don’t have it anymore. Micron system I would like to find also.

Quote Originally Posted by DamMechanic View Post
    I would like a Race muffler but I think it would be easier to find a pot of gold under a rainbow. The Drummer I had was on my first Uly, so I don’t have it anymore. Micron system I would like to find also.
    A couple of new ones were just sold on badweb and Facebook. The trick is to be vigilant, as no one is holding onto one because they think no one would want it. Finding a Micron is going to be a lot more difficult than a Race muffler.

You can always email Martin and ask if he even has them available. I was looking at a Torque Hammer a few years ago, until I found out they werent making the model I was looking for.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 01-25-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Ol' Fred Sanford ^^^^ and I have similar taste in loud noises so take his advise to heart.

Yes, I did mean the Twin muffler looked familiar (Keda/APH/D&D), and yes its real loud. The factory Buell Race muffler is nothing more than a stock Buell can thats been completely gutted with an extra tip added, no fairy dust inside. I swear, I have checked myself. Paying more for less, isn't that a Porsche thing? Haha.

IMO, The Drummer with the removable billet end cap, with packing, is louder than stock, and the most mellow, deep toned, and awesome sounding exhaust out there. The similar Hawk exhaust is an empty can, welded end cap, has small tips that sort of 'snap' at you. Rev-Mo.com are fairly loud, but the SuperTrapp option with about 12 plates in it is mellow enough for my old ears.

I recently modded a Hawk by simply adding 2.25" tips. BAM! It got so damn loud I added dB killers, got better but STILL too loud, so I have some perf metal I'll make into tubes and pack it (eventually).

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...hlight=muffler

Do you care about keeping the wobbly round muffler jack points? Or do you own a $40 paddock stand? I ask because a sawzall and a welder you can make your own muffler really easily with or without them, its a matter of where you cut.

Edit: Oops! heres the right link
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ghlight=action

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post

Yes, I did mean the Twin muffler looked familiar (Keda/APH/D&D)
    I wouldnt be suprised is APH makes the mufflers for Twin.

I'm getting ready to send a stock muffler (shut up CoOter) to Kevin for the Drummer treatment once I get it boxed up. I'm going to ask him to build it on the quieter side as "regular" XB Drummers tend to be too loud for me also. Kevin drummeritized an S1 muffler for me and that sounds fantastic, so hopefully he can duplicate that for me this time on the XB.

I need to get off my lazy butt after work and finish boxing that muffler up tonight.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 01-26-2022 at 08:32 PM.

Yes, I still show up here occasionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA9C...nnel=DeanAdams

You getting off your butt would be like Cooter on a ride and passing up a micro brewery !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast