Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twin Motorcycles Dual Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by cbseven View Post
    Cool, so you have the Drummer SS and are adding the db killer? Curious to hear what your thoughts are on the sound.
    No, I now have a regular Drummer with a db killer. I owned a Drummer SS in the past with a db killer also. I thought the Drummer SS was too loud even with the db killer, core wrap and fresh packing. The Drummer SS is one of the quieter aftermarket mufflers as it is.

Loudness is highly subjective as there are many people who have come and gone who want the loudest exhaust possible for their bike, such as the Hell Fire exhaust series from LF Heavy Industries. As you probably know, the HF 3.0 is illegal to use in most forms of racing, unless it was some sort of "unlimited" class. I dont think they are in production any longer due to some reported engine fires breaking out due to them extracting too much power and creating more heat than the engine could handle. Rumor has it that the frame started melting after multiple runs and the leaking fuel started a flash fire.

I think even Dean Adams was selling t-shirts about his Keda mufflers claiming just how loud they were.

My idea might cost you three bucks.

No matter what you do it's going to change the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Why don't you find the right size freeze plug and drill some holes in it? Start with on large hole in the center. Then drill smaller holes around the circumferance until you have the sound.

We did this back in the day with our cars running straight pipes.
    Basically that is what Kevin is doing with his db killer. Its a tube of perforated aluminum with a cap (probably a freeze plug) on the end.

Kind of like this.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...sku_id=1272961

or this...

Well I found me a Race Exhaust that had some curb rash or something. Rounded up some rubber expansion plugs so I could pressurize it and added some heat and got it back close enough to the original shape.

Like to take it for a ride but winter has come back for the next week with snow, hail, and down pouring rain mixed with snow.
    I have a quick 5 mile ride between rain dumpings and it sounds great so far. Hopefully in the next 3 weeks the weather will letup.

Can't answer your query, but here is Twin's video: ............. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBWJ...p-ITYJ&index=4 ............................. and just adding, I'm running their "Equal length s/s headers, but on a Vance & Hines box. Great sound, but the box is falling appart. So down the road, I may buy their muffler.
    Last edited by loosegoose; 05-27-2022 at 08:28 AM.

As a fyi I did ask Twin about jacking the bike by the muffler like the stock. The reply was only to get the rear end up which is a no brainer. I like the looks and sound of their pipe though. Just wish that someone manufactured one with the versatility that the stock one has for lifting.

I slide my motorcycle jack under with plywood adapter that fits the muffler and up I go for washing the bike, changing tires and so forth.

Just a fyi that Twin Motorcycle has been a great company to deal with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123