Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New tires and maintenance

Screenshot_20220128-162300_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-162237_Drive.jpg

Here ya go

Flush all brake fluid annually as it is hygroscopic. Big word means it absorbs moisture even from the air and is hungry for it. Which is good to a point if tod water content is under 4 percent than the lubricity keeps the seals from wearing and keeps infernal corrosion at bay as well but over 2 percent can lower the boiling point and cAuse brake fade.
    On a side note I have personally had calipers and wheel cylinders last over 20 years and function properly by flushing the brake fluid every year. On brake fluid it is the time not miles to watch.

Cvc, you are the 0.00001% of the population. The other 99.99% are still running factory fill fluid and will run it until the brake stops working, then complain that it’s a POS setup and then ask about upgrading to Brembo.

How’s the front isolator project going?

Thank you all for the information provided. I ordered the wheel spacers as there is a high chance of them being damaged. I think all things considered that it is just worth the extra money to have that peace of mind that it has been taken care of.
    I will also do a brake flush. It just makes sense and I now have a baseline for yearly brake fluid flushes.
    I really like to stay on top of maintenance as a preventative measure rather than trying to patch up issues created by neglect.

Please post the bearing spacer tube dimensions in the thread I started some time back eventually we will get them all so that there will be a way to check them to know if they need to be changed. The other benefit is if no longer available through Harley then most local machine shops can make a set in a day or two. Tabor’s automotive machine just about ten blocks frame my shop made a set for a Blast I supplied the material and Rich had two made for me in one day.

So not to hi-jack this thread I posted on the isolator thread an update

@cvc - I will post those dimensions in the original thread you started once I get the parts.

I forgot all about this. I've had the spacers for awhile.

So you going to post the dimensions?

I posted my dimensions...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast