Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its time, yout time guys- Buell xb12STT 2007 rich fouling problem

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: You have NO baseline with which to work, so consequently all your hypothesizing and questions are irrelevant.
    The 1203cc model XB's rely on the following to spark the combustion process and open/close the injectors and duration of same:
    TPS switch
    IAT sensor
    CPS sensor
    O2 sensor
    CTS sensor
    IAE actuator box

Baseline requirements: Install a known complete STOCK full map....install new NGK DCPR8EIX spark plugs....verify ECM grounds intact and continuity....verify ECM is "seeing" values for all above components.
    If beyond your skill-set, then have the shop that you mentioned in thread initiation perform this work.
    To date, this is nothing more than a crap-shoot.
    Thank you for your input and help first of all,
    So I found out what exactly is going on with fuel for this engine earlier today.

Today I started this baseline exactly, however I run into some problems cause with ecmdroid it took me a while to figure out eeprom editor concept and still not 100% sure if u can change the fuel maps from there to check if it's customised,

Afterwards I tried to find a map/eeprom for my id (bueib), which resulted in me finding a .txt file which I could not find how to use with ecmdroid, I thought of ordering the cable but meanwhile I will get a bt adapter for PC to use ecmspy in the next two days.

So anyhow, I left this alone for now and started checking sensors that's why I posted the photos of the O2 voltage and IAT, cause I couldnt find what the voltages should be, to answer the gentleman above also the O2 Voltage was stuck in 0.5v even after like two three minutes engine running, will let it run more tomorrow.

My "mechanic" said it should be between 0 and 1 But to answer the gentleman above as far as the mechanic and the o2 and also to explain why I put you all through this,
    This guy doesn't know good English so every info I take from this AWESOME COMMUNITY OF BUELLERS, most helpful people I have met on the internet, I have to translate in a way that he understands it in Greek terms, eg we NEVER SAY O2 SENSOR it's just Lamda sensor for every mechanic on this whole country, some know it's also called this very very small percentage. but does have a good knowledge of tuning and the engine and the most important he is not a thief....

The two previous guys that looked at the bike were terrible.... One broke my clutch and I have a suspicion he may have stolen the original ECU from this bike was bought with... He wanted 800 euro for clutch discs and whole clutch hub... And when I told him to check if the bike had a mod for the clutch and it could cause it being broke he told me he checked it and this was not a problem.... Look at this and tell me if you want to take your bike over there....
    https://ibb.co/7rFRt8t
    https://ibb.co/FnX4t1h
    https://ibb.co/wKKt1Xk
    The second one when I took the bike to him for the clutch, he never contacted me and after two weeks o called him and he said I should order the parts that I thought was faulty( a list I made to speak with twin moto for help in-between the two shops) and then wanted 150 euro for putting the parts in the clutch hub.... Not even changed gasket, and for the shop to cut two mm from the clutch outer housing... So yeah I am a computers engineer so flashing eeproms etc is not hard for me and I understand how the motor uses what sensor, the mechanic is for the numbers at fuel maps and the internal combustion knowledge as well as doing some of the work that I don't know, like checking fuel pressure

Sorry for the sheet everybody, another BUELLER had to hear my pain of having a bike from November and having ridden it 7 days... Not even the money don't hurt as much.... I really love the bike and just want to ride it..... Thank you again for all help and sorry for ignorance...
    Last edited by Akisnekogr; 02-15-2022 at 12:15 AM.

That looks like the DMF machining part to fix a broken primary cover

I know, I bought the original dmf and replaced, this was custom made and was wayyyy too fat... Also the never bothered to trim the primary gasket. Hehe it's not endless yeeet just two pages�� my big post makes it seem endless.Anyway back on point, Martin from twin moto had been extra helpfully, my fuel map was a ****show as my o2 was disabled in a sloppy maner, he send me a new eeprom, will burn today and come back with more info.

Trim the primary gasket ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akisnekogr View Post
    I know, I bought the original dmf and replaced, this was custom made and was wayyyy too fat... Also the never bothered to trim the primary gasket. Hehe it's not endless yeeet just two pages�� my big post makes it seem endless.Anyway back on point, Martin from twin moto had been extra helpfully, my fuel map was a ****show as my o2 was disabled in a sloppy maner, he send me a new eeprom, will burn today and come back with more info.

Martin is great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12