Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Sprocket upgrade

Front Sprocket upgrade

Quick background: my belt snapped near the end of last season. I heard they are no longer in production, and really hard to find. Is a 2002 Blast.

I want to upgrade my front sprocket to take a 1" belt, and was hoping there was one out there with the same number of teeth and such. Does anyone have any suggestions for said sprocket? Also, any tips on the process of swapping would be nice (i hear carving a wood block is useful)?

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    This link is for the belt, not the sprocket. I want to replace the sprocket, but have no idea what the model numbers mean. Also, that belt is about $200USD, when they used to be about $100USD

Quote Originally Posted by Glynoyri View Post
    This link is for the belt, not the sprocket. I want to replace the sprocket, but have no idea what the model numbers mean. Also, that belt is about $200USD, when they used to be about $100USD
    Yeah CoOter, you dummy!

Would an XB front pulley not solve your problem?
    I’m curious how you are going to do the rear pulley as it is different than anything else out there.

The Nallin Racing “44 Magnum” had a stock belt on it when I got it. An old post years ago claimed that bike made 77hp at the wheel when it went to Bonneville.
    But if you really need to do the 1” belt then get in touch with Mike Lowery he has machined some xb pulleys to lighten them that look really good and would reduce weight too. He would likely be able to also machine in down to the 1” you want.
    You could probably buy several more belts for less than the cost of the pulley.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    The Nallin Racing “44 Magnum” had a stock belt on it when I got it. An old post years ago claimed that bike made 77hp at the wheel when it went to Bonneville.
    But if you really need to do the 1” belt then get in touch with Mike Lowery he has machined some xb pulleys to lighten them that look really good and would reduce weight too. He would likely be able to also machine in down to the 1” you want.
    You could probably buy several more belts for less than the cost of the pulley.
    Unfortunately the Nallin Racing 44 Magnum has been sideline due to needing a new front isolator. The 77hp required the use of the XB style front isolator, which is currently under development.

This link is for the belt, not the sprocket.
    I know that, I'm the one that looked up the
    no longer in production, and really hard to find.
    Blast belt for you.
    I was trying (in vain, apparently) to answer your question and solve your problem and get your Blast back on the road, so I completely ignored your idiotic conclusion that cobbling together some Narnia witchcraft for a whole new final drive system is cheaper and easier than just buying the GD belt.

In the meantime I heard somewhere that carving a block of wood is useful, and you're so right! It was!

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 8.52.14 AM.png
    Last edited by Cooter; 02-26-2022 at 05:23 AM.

Do you have a link for where I can buy one?

Here is what Buellistic said:

BLASTers:

You people are brakeing those narrow belts???

Heres the "FIX"...

Some of you are good at thinking "OUT OF THE BOX"...

"BUT" when are you'll going to realize that you
    can run a SPORSTSTER PN40022-91(128T) belt on your
    BLAST...

In BLASTing
    LaFayette(BLAST wantabe)

The reality is that the days of $100 belts is long gone. Almost all of them are close to $200 now.

Or you can try to bolt a XB front sprocket on your Blast motor. They "should" be the same tooth count, but you'll probably have to ditch your belt guards.

Once again, I have NO IDEA how you are going to find an aftermarket rear pulley for a Blast that will accomodate the wider belt. That pulley only attaches to a Blast wheel and the other Harley/Buell rear pulley attach in a completely different way.

You're probably better off converting to chain.

Either way, this seems like a lot of extra cost and hassle to save a few bucks on a belt.

Jetlee may know an easier way.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-25-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Do you have a link for where I can buy one?

Here is what Buellistic said:

BLASTers:

You people are brakeing those narrow belts???

Heres the "FIX"...

Some of you are good at thinking "OUT OF THE BOX"...

"BUT" when are you'll going to realize that you
    can run a SPORSTSTER PN40022-91(128T) belt on your
    BLAST...

In BLASTing
    LaFayette(BLAST wantabe)

The reality is that the days of $100 belts is long gone. Almost all of them are close to $200 now.

Or you can try to bolt a XB front sprocket on your Blast motor. They "should" be the same tooth count, but you'll probably have to ditch your belt guards.

Once again, I have NO IDEA how you are going to find an aftermarket rear pulley for a Blast that will accomodate the wider belt. That pulley only attaches to a Blast wheel and the other Harley/Buell rear pulley attach in a completely different way.

You're probably better off converting to chain.

Either way, this seems like a lot of extra cost and hassle to save a few bucks on a belt.

Jetlee may know an easier way.
    I noticed that the back pulley is about as wide as two of the 3/4", so i figured a 1" should probably fit fine *shrug* that's why i'm looking for same tooth count on the front

If you run a wider pulley on the front, you need a custom pulley on the back to keep the belt straight.

I have custom front pulleys. I've been there and done that and spent ungodly amounts of money on this **** trying too hard to do something different.

Pay the $200 for the stock belt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast