Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Melvins are out!

The New Melvins are out!

I have opinions:

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 11.26.38 AM.png

The dirt bike looks like a dirt bike.
    The other one………..
    Cooter called it.
    But I wonder if I could get the carbon fiber for my Uly and the seat assembly looks lower too, and the wheels because I don’t have the three bearing rear wheel.

Oh yeah that is a new bike and I am looking at it like it’s ready to be parted out. I hope they release some other pictures. With that black trailer behind it and the camera angle it looks like a hot mess. But the controls appear to be further forward and the seat lower so if it fits more like an old honda Magna then it might be comfortable for a long haul. They should have gone back to Hepco-Becker for the bags even made them reverse compatible to the Uly and then frames that fit a CR R and S/Ss seat rails.

Someone tell Mr.Melvin,
    Make sure to take care of the former “Buells” and their owners if you you are going to build a company on the history and name. Honor by helping keep parts supply for the older ones and build Buells by innovation the were loved because of the engineering that made them different.
    Last edited by cvc; 03-06-2022 at 02:20 PM.

I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Hot garbage

I'm impressed by how awful that second bike actually looks. It took real talent to take such a simple concept and make it look like hot garbage.

This may explain a lot.

https://jruiter.com/

What ever happened to our friend Boat-Ski?

Last edited by 34nineteen; 03-07-2022 at 07:29 PM.

"Cooter called it" should've been the heading to this thread...

I think anyone with an expectation would have been disappointed. I think as a Buell community we hoped for a bit more than this...

Let's be honest here who needs a 175hp dirtbike? Why didn't they rather take the resources of the Baja Dune racer and use that towards the Super Touring? They surely could've designed the front end better and have dropped the ammo cans with the money thrown at the dirtbike.

My biggest concern is that they actually had the balls to take that to Daytona. Who in their right mind puts an unfinished project like that on display?

I want to see Buell succeed but they going to have pull a rabbit out a hat if they want to change perception after this spectacle.

Tequila City with vacation home in Bourbonville
    I applaud Buell for putting the Ural concept team back to work. That's a delicious bowl of cold cabbage soup of a motorcycle.
    Get your deposit in before its discontinued.

This view really shows off the off-road touring DNA that's in every "New Buell".
    The combo of the low unprotected oil cooler, and the fork travel that is much longer than the distance between the carbon fiber fender and the Walmart LED bar.

And why is the resonator missing? You can get those same Ali-Express bags they used, but with a muffler cut out so you don't have a 10000dB Touring bike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast