Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buell XB9R/XB12R Stock Exhaust/Jardine

Question Buell XB9R/XB12R Stock Exhaust/Jardine

Hi

The Question: ARE the XB9R and XB12R stock exhaust the same?*
    But the "interactive exhaust system" Is not used on the XB9R but it has it in the Stock Exhaust?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Sorry if this Is posted before, but I am all new to this site so I couldnīt find the same question..
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    I got my first bike in Denmark After I got the motorcycle driver license.
    - It's a Buell XB9R 2004 - All stock except the Exhaust which is replaced by the previous owner with a Jardine Exhaust system (Only exhaust I think)
    He gave me the original/stock exhaust he removed from the bike.

I have readed the Workshop Manual I found for the Bike online.
    The Stock Exhaust I have has this "Interactive exhaust system" in it - And I can read it only came on The XB12R model and not the XB9R -
    And there are no signs on my bike it has this system, So the question is -

ARE the XB9R and XB12R stock exhaust the same?*
    But the "interactive exhaust system" Is not used on the XB9R but it has it in the Stock Exhaust?

Thanks.

Sir: Your answers are below.
    1-All XB12 models across-the-board have the same muffler. Said muffler has the "interactive exhaust valve" which is operated by signals sent from the ECM to the actuator assembly which resides atop the large black plastic airbox inner cover.
    2-All XB9 models across-the-board have the same muffler. Said muffler does NOT have the "interactive exhaust valve".
    3-All XB12 mufflers will directly bolt up to all XB9 models. All XB9 mufflers will directly bolt up to all XB12 models.
    4-All XB9 and 12 mufflers use exactly the same mounting hardware-straps-bracketry-cowling fixtures-cowling mount hardware.
    5-All XB12 mufflers can be used on all XB9 models but the interactive exhaust valve must be wired open. NOT recommended.
    6-All XB model OEM "non-race" mufflers have 1 single outlet tip exiting left side. Said outlet exactly the same except X-XT-XP-Stt...which has a slightly longer and curved outlet tip.
    7-You are in Denmark. All 2008-2010 Euro spec XB models use a different header assembly with re-sized collector. Said collector not compatible with earlier year XB9 and XB12 mufflers. Be aware of that when shopping for a muffler.

That's the best I can explain it to you.

I thought all XB9's (even USA) had the smaller primaries but with the same collector output size as the XB 12's?
    I don't know? just asking.

OP: sounds like he gave you a 12 muffler for your 9. It will bolt on fine and work fine as long as you have all the brackets too, just wire the little arm for the valve all the way open (against the spring pressure).

This is a 12 muffler, note the the cable and arm assembly.
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 10.23.32 AM.png
    13,14,15,16,17,18 etc.

I have a beautiful 9 muffler (no valve) if you want to buy it.

Thank you guys!
    Here is a picture of the Stock exhaust I have for my XB9R
    It looks like it’s all ready locked in place the Interactive exhaust valve?
    0275F2A0-B865-4B4C-ABF3-991580B08AA6.jpg0275F2A0-B865-4B4C-ABF3-991580B08AA6.jpg

You have a stock XB12 muffler. IEV is wired to OPEN position. IEV in fully CLOSED position will have actuator cable end fitting facing towards cowling bracket fixture. Your is facing towards muffler inlet.

stock xb12.jpg

[QUOTE=Barrett;633153]You have a stock XB12 muffler. IEV is wired to OPEN position. IEV in fully CLOSED position will have actuator cable end fitting facing towards cowling bracket fixture. Your is facing towards muffler inlet.

Sorry for the stupid questions

So mine is like it should be as I understand it? Wired to OPEN position and will be OK to install on my XB9R?
    although the exhaust comes from An xb12r. As long as it is wired to OPEN position and that you have all the brackets for an XB12R

thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=SenadXB9R;633154]
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    You have a stock XB12 muffler. IEV is wired to OPEN position. IEV in fully CLOSED position will have actuator cable end fitting facing towards cowling bracket fixture. Your is facing towards muffler inlet.

Sorry for the stupid questions

So mine is like it should be as I understand it? Wired to OPEN position and will be OK to install on my XB9R?
    although the exhaust comes from An xb12r. As long as it is wired to OPEN position and that you have all the brackets for an XB12R

thanks in advance.

YES to all the above.

Thanks again.
    I want to find out these things, as the country I live in is very fragile with motorcycles and noise, where they can call the motorcycle for roadside inspection by the police. Where they check your exhaust noise. And then gives fines where you are not allowed to continue driving on if you are stopped. So consider mounting the original exhaust.
    And it is difficult to find an aftermarket exhaust that is TUV / Approved for the European market

Quote Originally Posted by SenadXB9R View Post
    Thanks again.
    I want to find out these things, as the country I live in is very fragile with motorcycles and noise, where they can call the motorcycle for roadside inspection by the police. Where they check your exhaust noise. And then gives fines where you are not allowed to continue driving on if you are stopped. So consider mounting the original exhaust.
    And it is difficult to find an aftermarket exhaust that is TUV / Approved for the European market
    Pretty sure the Torque Hammer 2 is TUV compliant. You may want to ask Martin to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Pretty sure the Torque Hammer 2 is TUV compliant. You may want to ask Martin to be sure.

Thank you - Correct me if i'm wrong - But Is Martin the guy from Twinmotorcycles.com?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast