Thread: New toy

New toy

2020 Honda Grom

20220330_172647.jpg

I can hear you smiling from here What are you gonna use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I can hear you smiling from here What are you gonna use it for?
    I'm not sure, LOL. It popped up on FB marketplace only a couple miles from me. Picked it up for a very good price. I wasn't really looking for one, but the deal was right. I used to be in the scooter crowd about 10-12 years ago. I've had a couple of Honda Ruckus'. I still have a Yamaha C3 that I've had for about 10 years. The 50cc stuff is fun... but I always wanted a little more putt-putt. This kinda scratches that itch. This is a 125cc, fuel injected, water cooled, 4spd that tops out at 62 mph stock and gets a guesstimated 134mpg. In reality the mpg is probably around 105, which is still remarkable. I'm just enjoying it right now. Not sure if I'll keep it. May flip it and turn some change. It's as much fun as you read about. YAHOOOOOO! When in doubt... RIDE RED!

Thats the perfect attitude for that bike! Funny to refer to it as 'fast' though, haha. I have delusions of taking a Sukuki Burgman Executive to a track day. I have no idea why
    Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 10.50.39 AM.png

Have you seen "C90 adventures" on You tube? That guys a trip

Only 100+mpg huh? Wow we really need to save the environment by changing the ENTIRE system of transportation $25 to fill the Buell tank is more than it used to be, but it goes almost 150 miles The ElCo however.... not-so-much.

Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post
    I'm not sure, LOL. It popped up on FB marketplace only a couple miles from me. Picked it up for a very good price. I wasn't really looking for one, but the deal was right. I used to be in the scooter crowd about 10-12 years ago. I've had a couple of Honda Ruckus'. I still have a Yamaha C3 that I've had for about 10 years. The 50cc stuff is fun... but I always wanted a little more putt-putt. This kinda scratches that itch. This is a 125cc, fuel injected, water cooled, 4spd that tops out at 62 mph stock and gets a guesstimated 134mpg. In reality the mpg is probably around 105, which is still remarkable. I'm just enjoying it right now. Not sure if I'll keep it. May flip it and turn some change. It's as much fun as you read about. YAHOOOOOO! When in doubt... RIDE RED!

water cooled

Since when?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    water cooled

Since when?
    Must be a typo, but there are psychopaths that mod the ever-loving crap out of them and water-cooled cylinders are available. I'd be shopping for turbos

Oops! Did I just drop this?

Yeah, sure I could see your 6'2 or 3, or 4 long legged mass on that little bike.

you guys have a LOOOOONG way to go to catch up to this guy. He has some classy videos that for some reason give the engineer in me an itch that I all most need to scratch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Yi4TKHqjg