Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rough below 4k rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Given all this....what EXACTLY are you looking to accomplish here? The correct step-by-step process to establish a stock baseline and return this thing to decent running condition is reasonably simple. It's tedious and time-consuming but until proper steps received and followed, all else is a crap-shoot, with the likelihood of exacerbating an existing unrideable condition.
    I just want it to run like it ran stock.

I'm not a person who can take a link to a manual and know exactly what to do. You say it's a simple step by step process but from my perspective finding out those steps is the hardest part. I can do the steps with enough reading in the manual and Googling. I just don't know what to do first. But I think I'm getting good guidance in this thread so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Specifically section 4 (page 4-2) under fuel system has running issue diagnostic flow charts. Don't skip a step no matter how dumb it seems!
    The 2009 service manual doesn't have anything (even in 4-2) except torque specs and removal and install of parts. I clicked on an older one and it has WAY more info.

Like I said, you'll be OK with an '08 manual. Even '07 and earlier. The DDFI-2/DDFI-3 changes that relate to your issue were only intake, cam to crank sensor, and ECM.

Don't worry about being so far down the wormhole. Do the checks we listed (plugs/intake seals) and post up the results here. We'll take you step-by-step, be be aware of the golden rule!

'The answer can only be as good as the question'. Details matter

Quote Originally Posted by fenderlvr
    Hey man. I know I don't know anything about this bike. That's why I'm on here looking for help from people like you who actually know stuff. The other people are actively trying to help me. You could too if you wanted. I'd really appreciate your help instead of just ****ting all over my thread.
    Here’s the best advice you’ll get : cut your losses, sell it and go buy a new motorcycle with a warranty. You’re in over your head.

You’re down to 2 people trying to help now. You’d better listen to Barrett and CoOter if you want to figure this out.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-06-2022 at 03:11 AM.

34 cut him a little slack. It sounds like he is taking advice and baby steps to be cautious. Just because he hasn’t done or doesn’t know shouldn’t keep him from trying and learning.

Unless you’re interested in the bike, then I hope I didn’t screw it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    34 cut him a little slack. It sounds like he is taking advice and baby steps to be cautious. Just because he hasn’t done or doesn’t know shouldn’t keep him from trying and learning.

I'm cutting him tons of slack. You are more than welcome to jump in and show him the way.

I'm going step aside and watch him and his buddy try to tape up the intake seals from the right side of the bike.

Re-read the entire thread, and my advice of just selling the Buell and buying a NEW motorcycle (with a warranty) makes sense.

https://suzukicycles.com/street/2020/sv650x

Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-06-2022 at 03:14 PM.

Had similar problems with my 03xb9, turned out to be the fuel pump so i rebuilt it and now it is seems to work fine. Still waiting for the spring here, lots of ice and snow on the roads still so I cannot test the bike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12