Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEEDED 10a FUSES

NEEDED 10a FUSES

Hey Gang,

I was working on my methbuell and doing some wiring mods and messed up. The bike kept blowing fuses and I dont know why. Nothing been changed, its all still 100% stock, but the instrument lights dont turn on. It turns out when I was modifying the front harness to use new controls, I mixed up the clutch and brake switch. I followed the instructions in the service manual to the letter, but unfortunately, I blew about 3 fuses before realizing this was the issue. Has anyone else seen this before? Is this a common problem on this model?

I went to Cycle Gear and the morons there said they couldnt look up Buell parts. WTF! So, I went to the STEALERSHIP and they looked at me like I had no idea what I was talking about. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A BUELL IS? I finally got the manager to look up the correct part number for the fuse (why does this have to be so difficult?!?!!?). He said he was able to look it using google, but I was in no mood for his elitist attitude and dumb arse smart mouth. Then although he had the Buell part number, he said he didnt stock them either. He recommended that I try an auto parts store, but I really know he just wanted to sell more chrome and leather accessories. FINE! HE'LL NEVER SEE A DAMN CENT OF MINE!

I took the part #, flipped him the bird and went to Auto Zone, and I was right... OF COURSE THEY DONT HAVE BUELL PARTS THERE!!!

ALL I NEED IS A 10 AMP MINI FUSE. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT? ITS BUELL PART # 72462-00 BUT NO DEALER STOCKS IT. I EVEN CALLED BUELL IN MICHIGAN AND THEY LAUGHED AT ME. I DONT NEED THEIR EUROTRASH GERMAN BIKES ANYHOW.

Does anyone have a spare they can sell me cheap? I'm at a loss and utterly disgusted at all of the incompetence.

72462-00.jpg

I saw some original Buell fuses on e-bay, try there or check Offer-up and ask every stinking person if they are "available" and the ghost them after they answer. Or if you really want them then offer 20% of what they are asking, that always works.

Fix the problem then hardwire it for a fuse saving repair. You only need fuses if you have a problem . No problem no fuse. Therfore no fuse no problem.

Aaron: I can't seem to attach pics to PM's on here. In the V-Rod world, these are pretty damn awesome. Was going to sell mine to board member Stevie Warren the Kiwi, but never did. Haven't checked lately but probably getting a tad tough to find in mint condition at a decent price. But worth looking.

vr1.jpg
    vr6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Fix the problem then hardwire it for a fuse saving repair. You only need fuses if you have a problem . No problem no fuse. Therfore no fuse no problem.
    I vote this for comment of the year.

Use this handy guide, courtesy of Shoggin's Motorcycle Shop - Dunedin, FL

Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-15-2022 at 03:38 PM.

Ha, I like the guide. I've seen a 22 casing in place of a glass fuse. Scary.

There was a .22 BULLET as a fuse in my '57 when I got it

Fits well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast