Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 easy diy's to keep your xb working longer safer

3 easy diy's to keep your xb working longer safer

1) velocity Stack Clamp Removal 46.jpg58.jpg
    i/4" Copper Tubing cut to 2 1/2"
    Slip the tubing over the ends of spring clamp and it so easy to squeeze together to take off.

2) Voltage Regulator 1" Stand Offs5.jpg
    It made the regulator be so much cooler that you could grab the regulator with your bare hand right after any ride distance.

3) DEER WHISTLE-Stick On or40.jpg43.jpg
    Magnetic
    Last edited by MOTORCYCLES247; 06-09-2022 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Photo upside down

Something that actually might work better than the whistlers is a really short beep on your horn, I've been doing it for over 26 years driving all over N.J. haven't hit one yet. They hear something coming and getting louder and move to a safer position which off the road.

My DEER WHISTLE experience comes from a good friend who is a RAINBO BREAD and DOLLY MADISON and OROWHEAT delivery truck Deisel Mechanic that in one year they went from 200 plus Dear strikes to less than 10 on all Twisty Mountain Roads in the Chico-Paradice-Oroville California area. So even if you road with nothing-noise maker in those areas you would be at 100 percent chance of being hit at some point riding ever day. Yet just using the DEAR WHISTLE you would have at least 50% better chance of NOT being in any trouble with out waiting till YOU see a dear and use your horn or if like most times they just appear out of no where so you don't have time to react. Plus the Whistle at 30 MPH or greater speed to work effectively with out having to have your finger on the horn button all the time.
    You would ALWAYS have the whistles but if in case you needed to or could get to the horn when you could is a double safety factor which makes better odds for the RIDER. Just saying. I am also only 20 minutes from roads with Dear signs along the side of the roads a lot so I know it does give me a way better piece of mind while riding which I do almost every day. Plus they are very inexpensive around $7.00.

Hey, I'm not knocking the whistlers, and if you read carefully, you'll see that I said " they will hear the sound getting louder and move to safer ground which should have indicated that your beeping the horn as you ride and, one just has to get a small short toot for it to be very effective. From what I've heard the Soviet state of N.J. is the most deer populated state in the nation, 104 per sq.mile at present, and by the way, I run trains for a living so while other engineer's are doing their part to keep the deer population down, I've only hit one in the last 2 1\2 years and unfortunately it was a little one running after its mommy across the tracks.. Not only do I do it while working I also, toot my own horn while riding to and from work. It also helps immensely to shut ones headlights off, day or night when possible, I've proven to myself that they also get somewhat blinded by the headlights during the day. If the equipment I'm running has a bell I leave it on in heavily deer populated areas and never see one on or along the tracks day or night.

Since I work for mass transit I have to drive all over the northern half of the state and while using my toot my own horn method over 26 years, I have only seen deer off to the sides of the roads, or am I just luckier than most of the other mass transit workers out there,

P.S. Many of the people I work with use the deer whistlers and have conflicting opinions on if they work or not. I think anything is better than nothing.

PPS. I have deer just down the street from me not twenty minutes away.
    Last edited by njloco; 05-13-2022 at 07:05 PM.

I wanna drive a train

Josh: I used to drive them a lot during Christmas time. Even had my own Engineers' Cap.

gettyimages-3228207-612x612.jpg

We have so many engineers on this forum.

Not really, a real engineer knows that one doesn't drive a train.

I have the same saying about a REAL Motorcyclist knows that one doesn't drive a motorcycle either......

If we go down that road anyone with a grinder or drill can be a machinist. If I had a train I would drive it. I would make mine stear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast