Long time Buell owner here (since 1999) but all carbureted tube-frames. Bought my first XB12X a month ago and brought it back to life. (sort-of)
I rebuilt the fuel pump due to a deteriorated strainer and broken hose between the pump/pressure regulator.
Had both fuel injectors cleaned and flow-tested.
Cleaned all grounds and added a few redundant ones.
Changed all fluids, filters, and lubed all bearing, cables, pivot points.
Had to chase down a short due to running light and finally got her running. Took it for a ride around the block and all was good.

In the meantime (while waiting for new exhaust straps to arrive before riding it very far) I thought it would be a good idea to reset the TPS.
I used ECMSpy to connect to the test plug, went through all the steps to a "T" (5.5 degree throttle position) and now it will not stay running.
It starts up and will run rough but only if I manipulate the throttle with back-firing and getting hot fast. (lean)
I have tried going through the steps for TPS reset multiple time now and still have the same result...It ran/idled fine for the short test ride and multiple start ups in the garage prior to the TPS reset.
On the chance that it might be bad, I just replaced the TPS sensor with a new one but am still having the same result with it. (a reset was done on it too)

If a TPS reset is done, does that rewrite the current setting in the ECU?
Could I just go back and install my original downloaded EEPROM from ECMSpy? (from before the reset)
Anyone ever have a similar issue before?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.