Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of parts/maintenance

Cost of parts/maintenance

I'm wondering how people outside of the continental US get on with finding parts, and how expensive, or cheap they find parts are.
    20220511_160613[1].jpg
    This is for a primary gasket kit, from St Paul. No problem there.....but the freight is a killer, and once converted to Kiwi dollars its $193.24! for a primary gasket.

Price you pay for not living in the greatest country on earth.

Don't blame the US vendor....blame your very own incompetent government and in particular, the buffoons running your postal service. This is neither political theater nor personal opinion. This is fact and has been ongoing for over 2 years now. I ship daily to both OZ and NZ so know of what I speak. St. Paul quoted you USPS Priority Air Express pricing for a single package weighing less than 1 US pound. This method of shipping is the ONLY inbound method that NZ will accept due to their ongoing Covid hysteria. But don't believe me. Click the link.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/serv...al/welcome.htm

No, I don't blame the vendor. I realize reasons behind it, don't get me wrong.
    I have had more than one phone conversation or email with Over sea's suppliers and they all have slightly different reasons. Our borders have relaxed and are relaxing more. Even before the covid madness, getting stuff down this end of the planet has always been expensive when compared to the country of origin....for obvious reasons.
    I was wondering how people in countries like Japan, or South Africa, or those in Europe get on with finding parts to keep the Buell's alive and ticking.
    Even getting parts from UK suppliers can be faster than getting the same part out of Australia. I have had parts from Australia arrive faster than parts from with in my own country too.....LOL.
    And the price can vary from country to country.....which then from my point of view makes the cost of shipping the deciding factor in most case's.
    Some Companies Will, and have adjusted the shipping rate for me after emailing and talking to them I will admit. But others haven't even entertained the idea.
    Often I see the odd request from people wanting parts from less well traveled parts of the world and I often wonder how they get one with parts supplies etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Don't blame the US vendor....blame your very own incompetent government and in particular, the buffoons running your postal service. This is neither political theater nor personal opinion. This is fact and has been ongoing for over 2 years now. I ship daily to both OZ and NZ so know of what I speak. St. Paul quoted you USPS Priority Air Express pricing for a single package weighing less than 1 US pound. This method of shipping is the ONLY inbound method that NZ will accept due to their ongoing Covid hysteria. But don't believe me. Click the link.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/serv...al/welcome.htm
    I believe Barrett that the link you provided is to the requirements required by USPS and the US government. The only change in mail being accepted from the USA in this country is due to COST changes by USPS that I can find or are aware of.
    Covid-19-international-network-inbound-03032022.pdf

Nade, even in the US, St. Paul’s shipping rate is expensive. You might see if the shipping rate is the same if you buy multiple gaskets. If so then you could sell the rest down there and get your shipping cost back.

As far as USPS vs the AU postal system, the AU has become superior in service. Back in December I had to send a part back to AU for repairs. It took 34 days to get from Seattle to Los Angeles and then it only took 3 days to get to Queensland. On the way back it took 6 day total.

That's because your on the Soviet side of the USA, they still have to use mules to transport due to the tree huggers, don't worry it's spreading here to the Soviet state of n.j. .

You guys crack me up.
    Last edited by outthere; 05-15-2022 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    That's because your on the Soviet side of the USA, they still have to use mules to transport due to the tree huggers, don't worry it's spreading here to the Soviet state of n.j. .
    ...hhmmmm and here I was worried about the Communist Chinese Party.......now I gotta worry about Soviet Americans!?

Just because Seattle has a statue from Russia of Joesph Stalin and the people elected self proclaimed communist doesn’t mean; oh never mind, your right ��.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast