Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to this bike is engine knocking noise normal??

Pronounced engine noise and you're discussing mapping and mufflers?

You added incorrect viscosity oil for the Rotax twin in the 1125.
    You state you can't find an oil filter.

A sound investment, cheap money, peace of mind...change the oil and filter to definitively eliminate the lubricant as source of excessive engine noise. The below should help.

OIL CAPACITY WITH FILTER CHANGE---3 US quarts
    Stock oil filter H-D part # Q1064.1AM
    """"""""""""""" Rotax part # RB-X341
    K&N oil filter part # KN-556
    HiFlo oil filter part # HF564 ( HiFlo one of the finest filters on the market)
    The HiFlo and K&N part numbers readily available on Ebay and priced right.

Use a quality conventional non-syn 20W50 your first oil change. Must be motorcycle specific and meet JASO-MA ratings. Most run a quality 15W40 in these motors. A quality 20W50 will quiet the typical Rotax engine racket.
    And check the drain plug sealing washer. Replace if required.

18mm x 24mm x 1.5mm
    12mm x 18mm x 1.5mm

You can narrow down the source of the noise by using a long screwdriver with a wooden handle to your ear as a stethoscope.

Wild West Steampunk-ish chain mechanical noise is usually normal. Rythmic low pitched knocking or higher pitched rapping is not. Swinging by your local V-twin shop for them to take a listen might be worth some peace of mind. Hopefully they are even slightly familiar with Buell to know how loud they can be.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-17-2022 at 01:27 AM.

Here is a demo from Scotty "Cooter" Kilmer.

You may be better off going to some euro trash used bike dealer and see if they have a Rotax powered V-twin around you can listen to.

and its "Wild Wild West"

Scotty is an absolute idiot.

I'm not a fan, but it looks like he's not doing too shabby on youtube revenue.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/chan...IlF-k-K5YU8XPA

Maybe there is a bit more to this guy.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotty_Kilmer

Still not a fan.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-17-2022 at 11:56 PM.

Thank you for all the input. I do have one request, in the future if you are going to list specific part numbers for things like K&N oil filter #KN-556. Please list the correct part number #KN-564. Went to change the filter and it's the wrong one. I got it through amazon so I'll send it back and get the correct one this time. Thanks alot Barrett. LOL I'm guessing you got those two part numbers switched or something. n to something completely different. I removed the quiet core out of Barkers slip-on and I gotta say, wow it's way better that way. It's amazing the difference that little tube with a screen on it can make as far as sound goes. And no I don't have to mess with programing the bike or re-tuning the bike. The difference you get when you remove that silencer is't going to affect the performance of the bike.

Good idea on going by Harley dealership. I mean Duh. I got all swept up in this forum thing you know. LOL I'm gonna make a trip down there soon as weather permits.

Quote Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
    Thank you for all the input. I do have one request, in the future if you are going to list specific part numbers for things like K&N oil filter #KN-556. Please list the correct part number #KN-564. Went to change the filter and it's the wrong one. I got it through amazon so I'll send it back and get the correct one this time. Thanks alot Barrett. LOL I'm guessing you got those two part numbers switched or something. n to something completely different. I removed the quiet core out of Barkers slip-on and I gotta say, wow it's way better that way. It's amazing the difference that little tube with a screen on it can make as far as sound goes. And no I don't have to mess with programing the bike or re-tuning the bike. The difference you get when you remove that silencer is't going to affect the performance of the bike.

When I take the time on here to post up specific OEM and A/M part numbers, they are correct. I don't "switch" or transpose anything. Perhaps it was packaged or stamped incorrectly? Next time consider HiFlo. Top quality, better pricing than K&N, and they don't mis-number anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    When I take the time on here to post up specific OEM and A/M part numbers, they are correct. I don't "switch" or transpose anything. Perhaps it was packaged or stamped incorrectly? Next time consider HiFlo. Top quality, better pricing than K&N, and they don't mis-number anything.

Hey, since you're doing all of this, will you please look up the correct oil filter for a 1965 Corvair Corsa. Bear in mind that there was an aftermarket filter adapter sold for these to allow a non stock filter to be used, so make sure you get the right one. I would like Purolator and WIX numbers and K&N if possible. Also please submit a competitive list of best prices and URLs so I can easily find the best deal. Dont forget to check to make sure they are not out of stock, as that would be a huge waste of my time.

I also need some help resetting the TPS on my bike. I've read through the entire service manual and there is no mention of Buelltooth or ECMdroid. Will you post up the procedure for resetting the TPS and the best prices for the Buelltooth? I will also take the USB cable if you can get me a version of ECMSpy that works with Windows XP. I kept wondering why my bike was having a hard time running, and realized after sitting for almost 2 years, being completely disassembled and rebuilt a couple of times, that it probably could use a TPS reset.

I've looked all over the internet and can't find anything. Please help! Thanks Barrett, I promise not to leave any bad reviews on your yelp page.

Chop chop!
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-19-2022 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Link below, Aaron. Peruse thoroughly for the Franz part #. Maybe it's even "correct"?
    And when shopping for spare toilet paper for the canister, fetch a bottle of Lavoris as well. Will remove the unpleasant taste and aroma after you kiss my ass.

Chop chop!

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,622161
    I really dont have time for all this reading. Get me just the details and send it back in a condensed, easy-to-read format.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12