Thread: 2008 Primary Cover Gasket Set

2008 Primary Cover Gasket Set

Does anyone know the part number for a Jim’s primary cover gasket set? And who how has a good source for them?

I have a new Cometic one if you want it.

StPHD has the whole kit: https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel.../-transmission

I've got the OEM primary case gasket on mine and it works fine, and that's after a cover removal and reinstall.

Thanks for the offer Cooter but I ordered some oem gaskets. I just like how some of the Jim’s gaskets have the red bead of sealant. I normally buy parts from StPaul but I thought $45 for shipping was a little too much.

Thanks Barrett!!! James is the brand I was thinking of.

Just a fyi on the James site it looks like the number is JGI-25352-00-KF but what has me concerned is that it also says it fits the Blast. In the picture it is one bolt hole off from fitting.

I know the Blast doesn’t work because that is what I accidentally ordered from StPaul 5 months ago as a spare just to have on the shelf and I went to put it on last night and it didn’t work because of that one off bolt on the top just to the left of the step down to clear the starter drive.

FYI, It is perfectly fine to re-use the primary and inspection hole gaskets several times. There is no pressure behind it so there is no need to replace it after every clutch inspection or service work unless it starts to weep.