Thread: Help!!!!

Help!!!!

Hey gang, working on the methbuell the past week and having an issue. I just wanna riiiiide!!!!!

Its running, sort of... Cooter recommended a TPS reset, he even let me borrow his OG Buelltooth and his Android phone with ECMDroid. Already pretty suspect.

Well, while adjusting my TPS adjuster cable, it stopped changing the TPS angle and turned freely. I then had to pull of the scoop, tank cover, airbox cover and airbox base to find out the cable broke! I texted Cooter and said WTF, but he just laughed and called me a loser. Then Bubbles prank called me a few times and said some mean things (all true no less!) and hung up. I knew this was all a scheme.

It looks like this part was defectively engineered by Buell. I called Harley to complain, but they werent even open!

So, I got screwed over and now Harley is screwing me. I looked all over the internet for a TPS adjuster cable and came up with nothing. Even St Paul doesnt have it listed. I dont even see it in the service manual and I read it from cover to cover.

This is lame.

Someone suggested I need a idle adjustment cable. WTF! CAN YOU EVEN READ BRO? I'M NOT ADJUSTING THE IDLE, I'M ADJUSTING THE TPS.

REALLY LAME

I looked all over the internet and there is nothing also. Every one is screwing me over on this simple deal.

Here is a picture, the other half is still stuck to the throttle body and is blocked by the ignition coil, so I dont know how I'm going to remove it without rotating the motor. Someone at Harley should lose their job for this piss poor design. I looked for recalls and found nothing. Again, the company screwing over the little guy. I shouldnt have to pay for this!

cable.jpg

I'm still mad at Cooter for even suggesting that I do this. He knew it was going to break and still led me astray.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-23-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Hey gang, working on the methbuell the past week and having an issue. I just wanna riiiiide!!!!!

Its running, sort of... Cooter recommended a TPS reset, he even let me borrow his OG Buelltooth and his Android phone with ECMDroid. Already pretty suspect.

Well, while adjusting my TPS adjuster cable, it stopped changing the TPS angle and turned freely. I then had to pull of the scoop, tank cover, airbox cover and airbox base to find out the cable broke! I texted Cooter and said WTF, but he just laughed and called me a loser. Then Bubbles prank called me a few times and said some mean things (all true no less!) and hung up. I knew this was all a scheme.

It looks like this part was defectively engineered by Buell. I called Harley to complain, but they werent even open!

So, I got screwed over and now Harley is screwing me. I looked all over the internet for a TPS adjuster cable and came up with nothing. Even St Paul doesnt have it listed. I dont even see it in the service manual and I read it from cover to cover.

This is lame.

Someone suggested I need a idle adjustment cable. WTF! CAN YOU EVEN READ BRO? I'M NOT ADJUSTING THE IDLE, I'M ADJUSTING THE TPS.

REALLY LAME

I looked all over the internet and there is nothing also. Every one is screwing me over on this simple deal.

Here is a picture, the other half is still stuck to the throttle body and is blocked by the ignition coil, so I dont know how I'm going to remove it without rotating the motor. Someone at Harley should lose their job for this piss poor design. I looked for recalls and found nothing. Again, the company screwing over the little guy. I shouldnt have to pay for this!

cable.jpg

I'm still mad at Cooter for even suggesting that I do this. He knew it was going to break and still led me astray.
    I'm afraid we're gonna need more details. Can you provide us with your GPS coordinates and a good credit card #?
    Last edited by kz6fittycent; 05-23-2022 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post

NEED TPS ADJUST CABLE NOT IDLE ADJUST

I am adjusting the TPS, not the idle.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    NEED TPS ADJUST CABLE NOT IDLE ADJUST

I am adjusting the TPS, not the idle.
    Oh, why didn't you just say so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G02OobT7fII

There is no place to attach said pull cord. Is this available as a kit? I did not see anything on Amazon or Alibaba?

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    Thats awesome.