Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to me 08 XB12ss tuning

Hybrid View

New to me 08 XB12ss tuning

Hi all, new to the forums. I was just wondering if anyone had any ECM tunes for the 08 XB12ss. I have a D&D can with a K&N filter, it actually runs pretty good with the stock tune but I have read there would be improvements with a tune. I have both Buelltooth and a cable but have been reluctant to make any changes on my own. any help would be much appreciated.

Man, I'd be very careful about asking for tunes from folks on the internet, even on the forum. In "MY OPINION", if your bike is running good w/ the stock tune, and you're not ready to go to a tuner and do a dyno session, or pay for some pre-built tune from a vendor, I'd just keep it stock. *EDIT: You may also want to download ECMSpy and learn how to tune it yourself, but be CAREFUL.

Others might disagree, but that's my 2-cents, which adjusting for current inflation rates equals about -$2,000,000,000.00.

very good point, I have been playing with ECMspy comparing with other fuel maps I have came across but have not pulled the trigger on flashing to the ECM. thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    Man, I'd be very careful about asking for tunes from folks on the internet, even on the forum. In "MY OPINION", if your bike is running good w/ the stock tune, and you're not ready to go to a tuner and do a dyno session, or pay for some pre-built tune from a vendor, I'd just keep it stock. *EDIT: You may also want to download ECMSpy and learn how to tune it yourself, but be CAREFUL.

Others might disagree, but that's my 2-cents, which adjusting for current inflation rates equals about -$2,000,000,000.00.
    Sounds more like your fifty cents.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Sounds more like your fifty cents.
    The number keeps growing...

You can take a look at the logs and watch which cells are getting the most hits. If there are any discernible anomalies, you can make MINOR adjustments to those cells in your map. That would be a "custom" tune based on ye olde butt dyno.

Sir: Many perfectly fine stock ECM's have been destroyed at the hands of well-intended "tuners".
    A few accurate reliable 2008 XB12 "race map" tunes out there but many corrupted and cause irreparable damage.
    Below is an outstanding vendor who know what they're doing and have been doing it a very long time. Reasonably priced and super quick turn around. They'll have your precise tune.

https://idspd.com

IDS for the win. Tim will hook you up.

As a recovering 'tune-everything!' addict I concur with the IDSpd.com above.

If it runs fine, leave the tune alone, and ride it.

If it runs bad, leave the tune alone, FIX IT, and ride it.

My ECM will likely wind up at IDS as soon as I solve my other issue with the bike.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast