Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weak prime

Ok. I know its been a couple months, but that is what my life has turned into with kids, sports and a divorce. Barrett sent me some a couple pieces and I got the rest from Revision. I rebuilt the fuel pump and re-installed. 1st positive is that it primed as soon as i set it to run. 2nd positive is that the bike started to turn over like usual. 3rd positive is that the bike started and I started to get a funny feeling down below. That ends the positives. She then sputtered and died. tried to start again, same thing. Figured it was the air trying to get out of the system. Tried a couple more times. each time, it starts, idles fine, then starts to get sporadic on the rpms and dies. I'm guessing this is regulator related, but now im stuck again. any ideas before I pull it apart and start over? I feel like its pressure regulator related. but what do I know.

I would check the fuel pressure first before pulling it back apart.

If you think its an air pocket, you can purge it by removing the fuel line at the injector rail and cycling the fuel pump. Just be ready with a container to catch the spray of gas. The pressure created by the pump should be able to easily expel the air and any remaining should be cycled through pretty easily while cranking.

Alright, so im back at it again. Seem that the air is out of the lines. Im confident I did the pump correctly. I started researching my issues and it seems common. Starts, idles fine, 30 seconds in, it starts getting all erratic. I pulled my spark plugs and they are black as night. So, i have some carbon fouling, i belive that means im too rich. Is that the only cause? Or could there be another issue. I also think i jacked my boot on the front plug when i was getting it off. Smh.

Gonna go get some new plugs and see if that fixes the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12