Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xb12x cross country

So when does the trip begin?

Hey folks! I've been too busy riding to post but I've been taking pictures along the way. I left last Saturday and have ridden nearly 1300 miles to rural Colorado. It's been amazing and I'll do a full update soon.
    I have two questions:
    1-What's the easiest way to post pictures on this thread?
    2-I was stopped at some road construction in the desert so I shut my bike off while I waited. When I got the go ahead I accidentally started the bike before my fuel pump could fully prime. My cel immediately came on and has stayed on for a few hundred miles. I checked the code and it's 33 for fuel pump. The bike is running normally and I read somewhere that codes will be stored for 50 start cycles if the problem doesn't recur. Any insights?
    Thanks! Excited to post some pics and get some feedback on the cel situation!

Quick update! My cel finally turned off. Now I know what not to do! Thanks

Glad you're having a fun trip!

The easiest way to post pics is to put them on a site like Flickr and use their function to post the {img} codes. You can pick the size, edit, rotate, all the good stuff.

Alternatively when you are posting, you can push the button (in the dialog box that you're typing in) that looks like a picture (3rd from right), select the pic, press upload, and don't worry if it posted upside down. Its a BuellXB.com thing

Looks great!
    I love the Pelican cases. He's local to here and a nice guy. VERY rich now. And sure! don't even mention the GD Pantera in the background that looks to be a perfect match to a Barricade Orange Uly, lol. You have good taste, I hope you're getting the trip you want, it looks fun! Bubbles and I are planning a few weeks on Victoria Island BC soon

When you post the links, be sure to 'clean up' the link to only post whats between the {img} and {/img}. Otherwise you're posting the whole album

Thanks Cooter!
    The pelican cases have been amazing. Wasn't sure about the side loading at first but it's easy once you get the hang of it.
    The Pantera is a family members that was kind enough to share his shop space with me for a couple weeks to prep for the trip. I have gotten a ride in it and it really moves!
    Thanks for the tip on the links. I'm better with bikes than computers😂
    BC and Victoria Island are amazing, post some pics for us!
    I'm really enjoying the bike, such a weird combo of elements that just works in so many different scenarios.

Man, some great shots from Utah/Colorado!! Enjoy your time, hit some sweet CO mountain roads and savor it cuz once you hit Denver it'll get a lot more boring (straight roads, less elevation changes). You should prob try to do Pikes Peak. You'll prob be stuck going 20 mph but still...

Sorry for the delay folks. My trip was successful, ended up being about 4,850 miles with the route I took. My rear tire is toast, getting replaced this week here in Richmond Va, but didn't have any other issues other than a cel for my speed sensor which has decided to turn off thankfully. The southwest was the most beautiful but I'm getting to know the east coast and I've met many nice people here. Will upload more pics from the rest of my trip soon. Thanks for all the advice and tips along the way!

Thats some mileage! Good for you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast