Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: been a while. Does anyone still use this forum?

been a while. Does anyone still use this forum?

Anyway, looking to do a fork upgrade on Betty. Looking at changing to a set of Ohlins maybe. Will probably by a used set off e-bay or craigslist from an R1 or Ducati or Aprilia. MY question is the brake mount axel mount on my ZTL front wheel. I do not want to change my front wheel of go to twin disks instead of the single ZTL rotor. Obviously, the tube diameter needs to be the same, my unknown is the end of tube threading spec's and the suspension adjustments that are in the mount housing. Any words of wisdom from the great oracles that used to be on here? If I absolutely have to change the front wheel/brakes to accomplish this I will, but not until I have a known answer to this. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mrlogix; 07-24-2022 at 11:30 PM. Reason: still a non typing MF'R

I found a set of Showa BPFs for the 1125r. I believe Buell sold them through the race program. They may be hard to find, but that could be an option for you. I was in the same boat as you, wanting to upgrade the forks, but wanting to keep the stock wheel because I found some magnesium XB wheels. The Forks were perfect because it uses an XB axle. I just had to have custom triples trees made. I live right outside Cincinnati btw.

Ever thought about using Ebr forks and the Ebr front wheel? Uses the same brake.

I'm still here. I've been looking I to adding a Husqvarna 701 super moto to my stable. Looks like a nice change up from the Street Glide and Buells. Anyone have a super moto ?

Hi John. How've ya been? Google has several nice articles and sources for the adaptation of Ohlins F&R suspensions to XB's.
    Board now over-run with alcoholics and Love Birds but a few of us originals remain active. Just updated my fleet with new top-shelf Vino 125 and $2600 Speuth Road Commander 5000 modular helmet.
    Love always,
    Jimmy540i

jimmy.jpg

You still have the same 1125 I sold you?

Hello guys,
    Glad to see that everyone is not on Facebook, lol. Yes Dean still riding the old girl, Have a little over 60K on her now. I'll never get rid of her. My son's still argue over who gets to inherit her when I'm gone. Most reliable, fun motorcycle I have ever owned. Want to pick up an RX/SX soon though to give Betty a well deserved break/refresh. With the pandemic and economy bull**** have went through several job changes and just haven't had the extra money yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Ever thought about using Ebr forks and the Ebr front wheel? Uses the same brake.
    Haven't come across the right set for the price yet, but really like the Ohlin's if I can figure out the exchange problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Hi John. How've ya been? Google has several nice articles and sources for the adaptation of Ohlins F&R suspensions to XB's.
    Board now over-run with alcoholics and Love Birds but a few of us originals remain active. Just updated my fleet with new top-shelf Vino 125 and $2600 Speuth Road Commander 5000 modular helmet.
    Love always,
    Jimmy540i

jimmy.jpg
    LOL, I try stay away from google and alphabet as much as I can. Every time I go there I get spammed into oblivion. Nice addition

You'd need a buddy at a place like Race-Tech to know if the dream of just screwing on Showa lowers to Ohlins forks is a reasonable wish. Maybe the Buell lower tube fits in the Ohlins outer? And for what? Gold for the honeys? You can anodize yours. I dunno, it's a lot more complicated than I'd want to try, much less get it to work well. But I'm an idiot, so...

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast