My daughter really likes Buells (good kid) and is even thinking about getting one. Other than a 3 hour introductory class which she loved, she has no riding experience other than horses & bicycles. At 5"2" she would prefer a shorter bike. She wants to be able to plant both feet which brought the Scg to mind. My XB9R is a bit tall for her. Too bad they never made an XB9Scg. I would have never thought of such a bike as something to learn with. I was thinking something like a Honda Rebel would be better but nope, she does not like them. She also likes the Yamaha YZF-R3. She likes sport bikes, not cruisers. No long rides, just around town. After comparing seat heights & weights I started thinking that maybe the Buell Scg isn't that crazy an idea. Other than having more than enough power to get someone in trouble, everything else doesn't look bad. I know from personal experience that the brakes and handling are very good and the bike only puts out as much power as you ask for. Wow the XB12Scg is only 18lbs heavier than my 75 Honda CB400F! Thoughts?