Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buell as a first bike?

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    Yeah Barrett is on point too. I got off bikes when my first wife was pregnant with #2 and didn’t ride until #2 was a junior in high school and taking full time college courses.
    I went and found a Blast in 2008 and got back in the saddle. Traffic sucks let her learn om the most forgiving thing you can find.
    I got off bikes when wife was pregnant with #1 when we lived in a third floor apartment in CO. Her exact words were, “you can have your motorcycle or we can have a house.” My Sportster became the down payment on the house. Only took me 16 years to get back on with my ‘04 XB12S.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I don't think of an XB-9 when I hear "liter bike". LOL:
    Give or take 16cc’s.

Is that your way of saying a Buell 984cc motor doesn’t make enough power to be considered a liter bike? How dare you! Sir, might I remind you what we do to those who make insinuations as such.

This is your first and last warning.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 08-07-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksquare View Post
    (and she's well beyond 14 yrs.).
    Sorry mixed up yours and B-dogs post

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Give or take 16cc’s.

Is that your way of saying a Buell 984cc motor doesn’t make enough power to be considered a liter bike?...
    I don't think the connotation of the "liter bike" slang has much to do with the literal size of the engine. I'll just tip-toe around the subject by mentioning even the latest and greatest 955 and 997cc V-twins are paired with the I-4 '.6 of a liter bikes' in Moto America.

Liter bikes for noobs is dumb. Dank whoolies and dragging your knee on the street is dumb. We tried to tell him... and now he's learning to walk again

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I don't think the connotation of the "liter bike" slang has much to do with the literal size of the engine. I'll just tip-toe around the subject by mentioning even the latest and greatest 955 and 997cc V-twins are paired with the I-4 '.6 of a liter bikes' in Moto America.

Liter bikes for noobs is dumb. Dank whoolies and dragging your knee on the street is dumb. We tried to tell him... and now he's learning to walk again
    Would it make things easier if we called them "quarter gallon" bikes? And to be clear, we're also not talking about fuel tank capacity, or the amount of beer you stole out of my fridge this afternoon, you hobo.

You forgot the greatest 984cc V-twin ever. That Buell motor has soul that a Harley could never compete with.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Would it make things easier if we called them "quarter gallon" bikes? And to be clear, we're also not talking about fuel tank capacity, or the amount of beer you stole out of my fridge this afternoon, you hobo.

You forgot the greatest 984cc V-twin ever. That Buell motor has soul that a Harley could never compete with.

That Buell motor has soul that a Harley could never compete with.

Bull****t!
    xoxoxo
    FabioDriven

s-l1600.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12