Thread: Really??

Really??

the drive belt Buell #G0500.1AMG (supersedes .1AMF) is not in stock St. Paul. Website states on backorder until ) 09/22 @ $206 + shipping. So I went to Surdyke's site and they say they have one. Tried to buy one and it wouldn't check out. Says that I am out of their legal defined territory for factory HD parts. Local distribution site only. $175 + shipping.
    Well, *%ck$%# dhbklsvlyiaebflihaw !! Go to ebay, $345 + shipping. Are you *%$#hedbiawfblivbl, hefhywgfg kidding me!!
    Anyone know where any are? Of course mine just delaminated some of the teeth. Over 20K miles since last belt change. But $345? Really?

Hey John: How have you been? John Lutz here. Is that AMG # you listed the 1125 model 145T belt? I can run the # Monday morning and see what's out there? And isn't Surdyke in western PA? If so, you can have it shipped here and I can fire out to you in OH, as I'm across the river from Harley Davidson plant. Their cost seems reasonable. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Hey John: How have you been? John Lutz here. Is that AMG # you listed the 1125 model 145T belt? I can run the # Monday morning and see what's out there? And isn't Surdyke in western PA? If so, you can have it shipped here and I can fire out to you in OH, as I'm across the river from Harley Davidson plant. Their cost seems reasonable. Let me know.
    Hello John, yes according to HD the AMG is the superseded number for the 1125 145t belt. That would be fantastic John, thank you.

okay, this is what I have found out. There are a few belts out there in stock at a couple of dealers in the mid-west. Harley has cracked down on dealerships that was doing internet/mail order sales outside of their geographical territory to prevent competition amongst dealerships. There are a few exceptions like St. Paul HD that have petitioned HD for territory waivers and been awarded them.

HD will continue to support the supply of Buell consumable commodities such as drive belts with no obsolescence planned, but...., when stock is low, such as now, they will wait until enough back orders have been placed until they request a new batch from the vendor. On the 1125R belt in question (G0500.1AMG, 145T belt) the magic number is 100. Harley doesn't expect to hit this number until October at this moment. Welcome to lean manufacturing and legacy model parts.

Moral of the story is if you have one of these bikes (I would think that a non-Harley model such as the 1125 would be harder hit because of low production numbers) buy a spare to keep on hand for these lean times. Personally, I will buy my belt and one spare. This winter I will make the decision on whether to buy another bike for a daily rider or convert Betty to a chain drive. If I choose the chain drive route, I will keep the spare with the removed pulleys incase I ever decide to sell her.

I want to thank John (Barret) for all the support and time he put in into helping me with figuring out what was going on. His connections with HD corporate were invaluable and his dedication to helping the Buell community irreplaceable. I owe you a cold one John.

Same thing happened to me with surdicks, then the other day they send me an email that says your out of our area, but you can stop by. I replied **** Harley ride a Buell

Quote Originally Posted by ztied View Post
    Same thing happened to me with surdicks, then the other day they send me an email that says your out of our area, but you can stop by. I replied **** Harley ride a Buell
    LMAO. Yeah
    I always thought about the what ifs since I got the old girl. With my resources I could always make a part if it comes unavailable or modify something existing to work. I guess technically I could just machine new pullies to fit the teeth profile to get to a belt readily available, but you would have to reprogram the ECU to reflect any ratio change, I think. Know the 1190 firmware has this user input variable. But I do not have the resources to make a belt.

As far as Buell, yeah, I am ate up with it. LOL. After writing the last post, I decided to peruse the local motorcycles available on CL. Looked at some harleys, just can't see it. Not ready for a cruiser. Looked some adventure bikes. Looked at some classic British iron, been there done that. Cool, but I want to ride, not work on it all the time. Looked at some v-rod models that were an improvement in the right direction power and chassis wise than a cruiser. Just so damn heavy and limited. Lastly, started looking at NOS 1190RX/SX. Yeah, Buell brother, all Buell. LMFAO