Thread: Fuel light won’t work…

Threaded View

I know better, but I'm gonna ask this in a way I hope you'll understand It's a fair assumption with the PO's expense of installing a "Race use only ECM"(lol), it would already have the race program for the Buell race muffler and airbox the PO also installed. So... ipso facto, how would downloading the same damn program change a thing?

If your car runs a little funny tomorrow are you gonna break into the ECM and download a "tune" before checking anything out at all? Seem silly right? Why treat your Buell that way? It's at least a 12 year old machine, probably more like 16... Perhaps a rubber intake boot is leaking? Dirty injectors? Plugged fuel filter/sock/weak pump? Na... definitely the solid state gel filled ECM

Your assumption of a fuel mixture issue without any actual diagnosis whatsoever may be correct or lucky or wrong, who cares. But the problem being caused by the 'tune' is Slim to none and Slim just left town. Whatever, I'm trying to help you avoid the same ol' thing we've seen here over and over and over (search) and OVER. Even the guy passing you the free tune says the SAME THING, but you sound like you have convinced yourself to take the blue pill anyway. See ya on the other side Neo.

BTW, you aren't "mapping" or "tuning" anything, you are pressing the upload button on a map you got off the internet for free... and will get exactly what you pay for.
    Last edited by Cooter; 08-27-2022 at 01:51 AM.