Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel light won’t work…

Fuel light won’t work…

Quick question…is the sensor for fuel light in assembly of fuel pump? And can I just replace it when I do my work on tank over winter? I was planning on rebuilding fuel pump anyway while it was out…(found out the hard way light wasn’t working) now I carry small coke bottle of fuel till I figure out my mileage per tank 😆

YES. Part of the pump assembly. All XB models all years use same sensor. Part # NLA and delisted several years ago.
    I have them here. 10% off for board members. Free shipping.

https://www.midatlanticcycle.com/wp/...are-part-pump/

Thanks! ������ I’ll be ordering asap!

I can vouch for Barrett on the fuel level sensor, FAST SHIPPING, and great price.

Quote Originally Posted by ztied View Post
    I can vouch for Barrett on the fuel level sensor, FAST SHIPPING, and great price.

Thanks a ton Mike for the very kind words.

I agree, Barrett is 100% the man for this stuff!!

In the meantime, re-set your trip meter and just fill up every 120 miles. 150/tank is pretty typical for all the Buells I've owned with a little safety margin left. I do that anyway as its MUCH more accurate.

Thanks heaps guys! I’m building my parts pile for my winter project. I’m ordering fuel pump rebuild kit, pipe and the Buelltooth also a barometric sensor from Revision moto. Is the baro sensor worth it? I’m looking forward to using the buelltooth as I have issues I’m sure it will resolve

Quote Originally Posted by Makoose View Post
    Is the baro sensor worth it?

Worth what? The ECM already adjusts for elevation about 30 times a second using the engines output reading. Thats why theres no need for a barometer sensor on the bike OE

I’m looking forward to using the buelltooth as I have issues I’m sure it will resolve
    A "Buelltooth" is a universal bluetooth module and a universal 12VDC-5VDC convertor in a little box glued to a plug that fits a Buell. All it does is send info wirelessly, nothing more. ECMDroid is the (free) program you use with a Buelltooth to read what the ECM says.

Neither of those contains any magic, nor do they have the ability to resolve any "issues".

ECMDroid can be used by an experienced motorcycle mechanic to help properly diagnose any "issues" to be repaired. ECMDroid also has the capability to install different fueling programs to compensate for some modifications.

Using ECMDroid to install a fuel program, blindly hoping it will fix "issues", is a dangerous path. It usually makes it worse, and will need to be un-done. Adding frustration, time, and expense .

FIX the bike, FIRST, then modify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post

FIX the bike, FIRST, then modify it.
    You sound like that Buelltooth guy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-Mo.com
    REMEMBER: YOU CANNOT FIX OR OVERCOME A MECHANICAL PROBLEM BY CHANGING THE "TUNE" ON YOUR ECM!
    Can't you just tell him whats wrong with the bike?

Problem is air/fuel mix, it stutters but smooths out under throttle, I’ve been told it’s a problem easily fixed with reflashing ecm and putting in the Buell Race map as my bike has all the parts for this tune (race only ecm , factory twin outlet race muffler, K&N filter with cheese box air intake) for a nice chunk of $$$ the Harley shop offered to do the work, or I could get buelltooth and do it myself. As for the mapping, I’m very comfortable doing it in vehicles, principle is the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast