Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stranded

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    NO idea how this suddenly morphed into some sort of lubricant thread. My recommendation was based on the fact that this cat stated he completely burned out his clutch and was stranded in some middle-of-nowhere cocktail lounge, had some local repair help offers, and looking for quick solution to get his XB back up and running and ability to limp it back home. Readily available cheapo 20W50 in the primary would suffice, given his situation. It is NOT what I typically use in healthy XB-XL-XR primaries but would get the job done and get him home. Scheisse!
    Have you seen the commenter's on this thread....and your wondering how it morphed into some sort of lubricant thread. Thank your self lucky it is still Buell related.

Vaseline is a lubricant too I hear. Just putting it out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If I can't get whale blubber out of season, I prefer to squeeze the oil right out of a Mink into the primary case. Fresh and smells very nice!
    Real men use bacon grease.

I thought I milked a unicorn once, turned out to be a bull. Had creamer for a month

I sure hope the OP used the good advice here to keep his trip on track and is no longer stranded. Enquiring minds want to know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12