Thread: Rebuild Companies for 04 Buell XBR12

Rebuild Companies for 04 Buell XBR12

First off, I just want to say I have been reading these forums for years and there's is a lot of great content. With that being said, I have a 2004 Buell XBR12 Firebolt, and unfortunately the transmission just went. Looking for a good company, that can rebuild it with possibly upgraded parts. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hammer Performance

Hey Doc, where do you live?
    The Netherlands? Twin Motorcycles.
    Sweden? NCCR.
    US of A? R&D motorsports
    http://www.rd-motorsports.com

As long as you are 100% positive it's the transmission, which is pretty rare. However, clutch and chain issues do happen more often but are much, much, easier to fix and don't require splitting the case.

I live in Las Vegas, and thank you!

If the trans really tanked your best bet is to get another bike. Roughly 10years ago I was rebuilding early strait cut 2003-2005 to spiral 2006 and up transmissions and was doing a bunch of fork repair. But now it’s just not worth it unless you do it yourself, and even then depending on the miles you might just open a can of worms.

Also, some food for thought… buy a wreaked Buell or motor and replace yours the cost would be about 1/2 of rebuilding the trans and about 8 hours of labor.

Or a dream swap would be expensive but a Baker six speed (overdrive) and a XB9 primary. If it is a forever bike and the cost is in your budget. Then with just a few more parts the complete trans would be new.

There is a guy in Las Vegas that can do anything Buell you need. His name is Jesse Brown. He currently holds the record for the fastest XB on the planet. I can get you his info if you like.