Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 XB12R rough idle, intake backfire, bucking when speed is steady.

Dude.
    How does
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissKiller View Post
    the fuel pressure seems good.
    when you are complaining about running issues

Even with a new pump, the outlet hose that goes from the fuel pump to the filter is known to get pinholes and therefore lose flow and pressure. Test it with a goddamn gauge or we're done here.

Also, do us a favor. No one on this board is a mindreader so NO ONE knows what you have done to your bike trying to fix this issue except you. Save the wear and tear on my keyboard and just please give some information that might ... ya know... HELP US, help YOU.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Dude.
    How does when you are complaining about running issues

Even with a new pump, the outlet hose that goes from the fuel pump to the filter is known to get pinholes and therefore lose flow and pressure. Test it with a goddamn gauge or we're done here.

Also, do us a favor. No one on this board is a mindreader so NO ONE knows what you have done to your bike trying to fix this issue except you. Save the wear and tear on my keyboard and just please give some information that might ... ya know... HELP US, help YOU.

Thank you.

This is great entertainment.
    Shaughn: That hose you mentioned actually connects the pump motor outlet to the regulator. Whenever I see a "pressure seems good" comment on here it always takes me back to this incredibly enjoyable thread.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...344#post634344

Yes that one, and how many others JUST like it!?. We're getting there... this one needs to be spoon fed a bit

And isn't it 'amazing' how people repeatedly think a $40 cheap-copy-of-a-thing is exactly the same as the $240 thing... and then usually complain how Chinese stuff is junk.

the outlet hose that goes from the fuel pump to the filter is known to get pinholes and therefore lose flow and pressure.

This was the difference between a bike that barely ran to one that would sit and idle, even with roached pistons/cylinders.

So you could say that leaky caterpillar turned into a beautiful butterfly?

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 2.16.03 PM.png

Thank you.
    If you look at my first post, that was I've done...

I have replace the throttle body shaft with the cnc machined one from twinmotorcycle,
    replace both intake gasket,
    new sparkplugs,
    replace the 02 sensor,
    the 2 fuel filter and the fuel pump,
    it's always fuelled with 91.

This is where I am.

No need to be unpleasant, if you don't want to answer... just don't do it. Just sayin'

P.s : thanks anyway for the hint about the fuel pump assy hose to check..

Last edited by BlissKiller; 09-14-2022 at 10:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12