Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: throttle body or throttle body shaft 2007 XB12X

WTB: throttle body or throttle body shaft 2007 XB12X

my throttle body shaft broke on my 07 xb12x. looking to buy either the shaft alone or a compete throttle body.

Quote Originally Posted by cdubdub90 View Post
    my throttle body shaft broke on my 07 xb12x. looking to buy either the shaft alone or a compete throttle body.
    You can buy a kit from Twin with a retrofit throttle shaft so you can use the earlier model TPS. Its expensive, but good luck finding that TPS.

That tps is just a 1993 Mustang GT tps, not expensive and readily available. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...sor+(tps),5136

TPS interchange has a few caveats.
    Tons of suitable complete TPS assemblies including parts units on Ebay.
    Click my name....click latest posts....scroll to TPS thread. I list all factory TSB issued for same...all the specific part numbers...all the correct interchanges. Not quite a parts store bolt-on-and-ride project, but close if you read my article from about 15 months or so ago.

Thanks for the info gents... I ordered the shaft kit assembly from twin. Hopefully it comes in fairly quickly as this is the perfect time of year to ride!

Thanks for the info gents... I ordered the shaft kit assembly from twin. Hopefully it comes in fairly quickly as this is the perfect time of year to ride!

Twins stuff comes pretty quickly as they use DHL for shipping. I was surprised on how quickly my parts arrived from them. The shipping price is a little steep, but shipping in general isnt cheap anymore.

The 93 Mustang TPS offered above only fits the earlier model throttle bodies. There was a change around 2006 with the clocking of the pin on the shaft and the earlier TPS will not mount to the later configuration. Why Buell did this change is anyones guess...

However, with this kit from Twin, you should be able to use the 93 Mustang TPS setup.

So am I reading correctly that I need to install a new TPS along with the new shaft assembly?

So am I reading correctly that I need to install a new TPS along with the new shaft assembly?

NO.
    The TB air-valve shaft has a pair of pins on 1 end that engage and rotate the TPS assembly. Replacing shaft with identical one does NOT require TPS replacement.

Depends. I don't know how the Twins shaft is drilled. I got mine from the other site and it is drilled for both tps. I changed mine from the updated '07 to the older '06 tps.

Quote Originally Posted by lew360 View Post
    Depends. I don't know how the Twins shaft is drilled. I got mine from the other site and it is drilled for both tps. I changed mine from the updated '07 to the older '06 tps.
    where else can you find one? you mention another supplier and my order from twin is still out of stock so I'd be happy to look for another option

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast