Thread: Insurance question

Insurance question

Well Geico did me a bad thing. My yearly rate went up 80%. They say they are readjusting rates for the state (Arizona) & it has nothing to do with me (no claims & perfect record). No notice, just a bill. I was paying $183.38 for my Buell & $210.95 for my CBX. Anyone have recommendations?

Dairyland insurance. They have done me right. They are base out of Wisconsin. And yes that is an actual insurance company.

Thanks chief but I got a quote of $763 from Dairyland and $375 from Progressive so far. Gotta love the $2,861 from Nationwide!

Hagerty for the CBX. Not sure if the will do the Buell. It’s been about 4 years but they were $90 a year for my FJ1100

Hagerty wants $315 for CBX now. Progressive $160. What a pain trying to find the best insurance deal. Glad I have Excel to keep track of everything!
    If anyone else is curious, here is what I have so far for 1979 Honda CBX & 2007 Buell XB9R with same coverage:
    Progressive $ 317.00
    GEICO $ 412.42
    Hagerty $ 478.00
    Dairyland $ 763.46
    Nationwide $ 2,861.35

I have had good luck with Progressive as a repair shop and when I had a claim it took some fighting to keep from “totaling” a bike but never a problem paying. It’s who i have my bikes with and the Impallas and 65 65 and 67 Gmc/chev/chev pickup suburban and pick up are on hagerty’s the company cars and trucks are with Farmers. Insurance buying sucks but not having it when you need it sucks more, way more.

Just shop and don’t e lazy about it I have had different agents for the same company offer different rates for the same coverage. ON the same day!

Last edited by cvc; 10-08-2022 at 02:22 PM.