Thread: Ordered the wrong Ngk spark. Is it ok?

Ordered the wrong Ngk spark. Is it ok?

Bought the wrong ngk spark on Amazon DCPR7EIX

Realize most people run the 9’s will this be a problem?

2009 xb12xt

Tad too hot. 8 is stock...9 one range colder. 9's work great if you're sensible with cold start idle times and avoid repeated on-off short duration cold starts.

It's a usable, tiny step hotter as much as a 9 is a useable, tiny step colder and FYI, it has nothing to do with the engine temperature. It is referring to spark plug temp (the length of the path to ground).

IMO, if you are road racing or endurance racing the bike, you may have problems overheating the ground strap. Otherwise, I'd run it. You'll find no performance difference

I swapped it out about a month ago with the ngk 7. This bike is new to me. I have the Buell tooth and rev mo exhaust. Did their open loop setup because it did helped with the idle hesitation issue during warmups. The thing I dont like about the bike is between taking off from a stop; is the 1100k to 3 k lag on acceleration. Otherwise it’s pretty fast . I did some research and seems like that’s just the nature of the bike. Also the bike doesn’t or can’t do rev bomb blips. I feel like it wants to choke, but in gear it’s fine.24B395EF-A187-4684-A236-BE44F02B2B85.jpg

In a pinch its OK but i suspect youll get lots of pinging as the heat in the cyclinder will rise. go back to the stock plug when you can

Quote Originally Posted by Hypefxx View Post
    Also the bike doesn’t or can’t do rev bomb blips. I feel like it wants to choke, but in gear it’s fine.24B395EF-A187-4684-A236-BE44F02B2B85.jpg
    What in Sam Hill is a rev bomb blip.......sounds like an engine killer

you know, in neutral on the limiter. Idiots.

Usually in a tunnel.

These are often the people who show up on Facebook or a forum complaining about how their bike "just died" on them when they were just riding along. Just because you have a rev limiter, doesn't mean you should bounce the tach off of it every chance you get.