Thread: Walbro fuel pump 1 0 1

Walbro fuel pump 1 0 1

Had a major dilemma happen with a brand-new Fuel Pump from REVISION MOTO and my original one as well from Bench testing them both to ensure correct PSI output while I had the complete FUEL UNIT OUT of the frame. Did not want the SMELL of gas or on me so I used water to pressure check both PUMPS. That was my dilemma because it rusted the impeller part of both pumps after I let them set for a day and should have run gas through them outside after I did the Pressure Test. Hooked up power just to check all was still good and all I got was loud hum from either one. Tore them both apart to show my error and to show the quality of the OEM verses the REVISION MOTO replacement which is or was as good quality made as the OEM from my 2004 XB12R. My pictures say it all and now I will feel good about the product that I was replacing my original with. The only better difference in the REVISION one is that it has a micro filter screen built into the bottom input otherwise they are very close in design. Just had to share in the hopes it will help anyone even to for sure know the exact lowdown on WALBRO pumps. One more fact was my OEM pump was loud when key got turned to ON otherwise everything inside looked good even the BRUSHES on the commutator were still super long with over 35,000 miles on my ride. I guess I can say I took ONE for the team but sill admitting I did the stupid.

20221018_190641.jpg81.jpg85.jpg89.jpg

Wow that rust set in quick. But I guess it wouldn't take much due the tight tolerance of a fuel pump. Good post.

Good post. That $ucks Honestly surprised as well. I've gotten away with doing the exact same thing, but I sure won't anymore!

What were you hoping to find? GPH without the regulator?

Had mad my own fuel pressure gauge and fuel rail set up to connect to the FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY outside the frame to see and hear everything including leaks if any on all the hose connections to have it right in front of me before it when back in the Frame-Tank one time with all the guess work gone. At least it made me see how well the WALBRO pumps are constructed and made, I was always into SLOT CARS so they have a similarity in engine principal working that it made me curious as to look into taking the pumps apart to see.