Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike just clicks - no start- HALP!!!!

Bike just clicks - no start- HALP!!!!

Since the weather changed in AZ and its really nice, I went to start my motorcycles. One did nothing and the other 2 just made clicking sounds when I pressed the starter button.

These are NEW batteries (less than 6 months) and I have barely used any of them as it was too hot to ride this summer.

Is this a known defect of Buell motorcycles? Does anyone know if there is a recall in place?

Before any of you smart arses ask, no I did not keep any of them on a tender, as they just kill batteries.

And go!!!!

Charge or replace your batteries. I rec putting them on a tender with a rotation schedule

Definitely battery!

I always use the Eveready batteries, you know the ones with the cat on the side. They always leap to life!!

Jump it with a car, then immediately cold rev it and head down the highway. That red hot feeling is your charging system dying.

Pik nailed it!

How much beer was consumed while all this was going on?

I'm guessing alot

Only thing I'll add is, make sure the terminals and wire connections are clean from any spillage of beer.

Damn, I love you guys.

The real story is that the battery from the XB came out of the totalled bike and it 2-3 years old. The battery in the V-rod was a little flakey even when I first bought it, so it probably needed to be replaced when I bought the bike about a year ago. The Antigravity battery in the S1, I think turned out to be a dud. This one is weird because it will click sometimes, but when it doesn't click, it spins the motor like its trying to send the crank into low earth orbit. The charger/health indicator sometimes shows its fine, and sometimes shows it isn't.

And for those who know me, I'm a valedictorian graduate of the LF Heavy Industries school of checking your f*cking grounds.

I need at least 2 batteries. I was going to buy Deka's but it seems like they're getting hard to find. Maybe that lunatic_fringe guy will make a trip to the factory and straighten them out. What the hell is going on there?

But you guys made my morning. Me so happy.

Except CoOter. He is a jerk.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 10-25-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast