Thread: Loom for XB12r Race bike

Loom for XB12r Race bike

Hi, is there such a thing as a wiring diagram for a race XB12r. The ratty XB12r Im converting to a track bike has a fairly rough loom so wanting to strip out all of the unnecessary stuff. Cheers, Stu

Not that I know of? It seems unnecessary.
    You should be using absolutely everything except the lights circuits. Anything outside the norm that you remove... well... pull that wiring out too. You mentioned removing the stator/starter in your other post, and I forgot to mention they HATE to run the fuel pump, injection, ECM, etc on less than 12v so maybe start with a big 16v battery if you insist on going that route?

Wiring in a new dash (like an AIM) will need all the inputs, right there... even the kickstand plug is wired correctly to add a quick shifter, and the key bypass will need all that stuff, right there too, so not really much worth it to 'mod' so taking the time to strip out 6 grams of wiring isn't really worth the trouble. You'll be better off fixing the existing one or getting a OE replacement if yours is that shagged.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Mito View Post
    Hi, is there such a thing as a wiring diagram for a race XB12r. The ratty XB12r Im converting to a track bike has a fairly rough loom so wanting to strip out all of the unnecessary stuff. Cheers, Stu

NO. Nor is there such a thing as a specific factory main wiring harness for them.

This seems like a great idea. Someone should make "race wire harnesses" for XB's to sell to people wanting to track their XB's.

That way people can complain about the price and tell us that they can modify their existing harness for free, and what a rip off the race wire harness is.

Tune a Buell and you can click the box on items not used such as sidestand, lean angle BS. I also removed the key and switch.

You sure as heck don't need a quick shifter on the tracks I ride on. I hardly shift anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by outthere; 12-28-2022 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Tune a Buell and you can click the box on items not used such as sidestand, lean angle BS. I also removed the key and switch.

You sure as heck don't need a quick shifter on the tracks I ride on. I hardly shift anyway.
    I'd keep the BAS. That way the bike will shut down itself if it's sitting on it's side in the dirt, not that I'd recommend doing that part but if you do, a simple ignition cycle will clear it.

I'd still recommend a quick shifter too. You ain't kidding that theres less shifting than a 600! Hahaha, but still one of my favorite cheap mods, even for the street.

^^^^^^^^^never thought of that BAS whatever that is. Looking into it.

A quick shifter for an old guy like me won't work. My foot is highly educated and pushing a button takes all the fun out of it. I've been off-road many time and so far haven't dropped it. I did low side, which did a fair amount of damage to the bike. My body was spared. Ground through a $300 pair of gloves though.