After joining months ago I find today that having no posts I cannot even view my own profile, time to get a little involved i guess.

So, last bike was a 2010 HD XR1200, new bike is 2008 Ulysses XB12XT. XR1200 left me with just over 134,000km, been to top of Pikes Peak, Banff Alberta most every summer, U.S. and Canadian Tail of the Dragon (yes, we have one in Ontario as well, same highway #, not as twisty, still fun), and last trip was Cabot Trail Nova Scotia this past August. Riding on the street since 1985 I owned nothing but Honda's till I bought the XR in 2013 with 1.183km on the clock. Must admit that the XR has been the most reliable bike I have ever owned, that is why I jumped on the Ulysses when I saw it for sale. 36,872km on the Ulysses when I acquired it, hope it is as reliable as the XR. When purchased it had a really "grabby" front rotor. Installed new EBC pads and rotor, Aagaard set me up switching it from floating to fixed rotor and that is all good now. Started throwing a check engine code and within a few days I ended up with a dead battery after fueling up. Bum starting worked but would not allow bike to go more than 3 blocks before dying. First time I have brought a bike home on a tow truck! New battery and all good. Then I lose the front headlights! That turns out to be a ground wire threesome that is soldered and failed, resoldered myself and good to go. Then I get a Buelltooth and manage to read and turn off a #16 battery low voltage warning from the battery incident. That was all within last month before snow. Hopefully, I believe the gremlins are worked out.

Plan to get rear shock professionally rebuilt this winter, maybe led headlights as well.

PXL_20221011_144539545.MP (1).jpg PXL_20220918_212728417.jpg PXL_20220921_155959079.jpg