Thread: Xb12 lightning bar risers

Xb12 lightning bar risers

Have recently purchased the above bike for a race series here in Australia.

I am after a set of bar risers to raise the standard bars up a few inches

Where can i get these from please

Any help appreciated.

The internet for cheap. Or free and use a spare Lightning or Sportster top clamp, upside down, with longer bolts. Or new bars are super cheap too.

But... risers!? What motorcycle "race series" would you want to be sitting more upright? Are you dirt tracking a Buell?

Clink link....read description...see pics. All other parts sold but still have these risers. Will raise any style bar approx 1 inch. They are yours for FREE if you want them. Just pay the OZ USPS first class air freight.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...Parts-For-Sale

Nah -- lol --A guy here has resurrected the "Roaring Sporties" series from 20 odd years ago -- They are getting good numbers to our 6 round National series - 20 plus so far, with more coming i am told -- Inside that class is "Streetstock" - Later model Sportsters and Buells.

Due to 3 crushed vertebrae in my back (thanks to a high speed accident and the Phillip Island GP track a few years ago) i have trouble leaning over the tank for longer periods.

I saw a few months ago a set of clips ons for a Buell that looked like the standard ones but the actual bar was raised up approx 2 inches.

This is the 4th Buell i have owned --all raced

NIce! Thats a good showing for such a specific race. Have fun!

Theres less expensive versions of these:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/14414635016...oaAjxLEALw_wcB

Since you'll be pulling the ignition and headlight shell off, clip ons become a good option:
    I'm aware these are for an 1125, but you get the point. Not sure how I feel about the round bar clamp for the riser part. I would change the off-shore hardware and crank the crap out of them...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/28456652331...kaAgnSEALw_wcB

I have a clip-on adaptor that bolts to the stock upper triple: The clip on tubes bolt to the adaptor. You could make risers any height you want and it would be very solid.

But TBH, if you're looking for 2-3" additional rise, regular bars seem the way to go. They may flex a little more? but I don't like that much rise in a clip on bracket from a leverage point. I have to have 2" rise clip ons on the little race Ninja because they clamp under the stock upper triple , so I constantly check torque on them.