Thread: fuel pressure and gauge question

fuel pressure and gauge question

hi everyone,

i own a 2003 xb9r and last season bike started giving some issues with starting after a ride. so its been in the shop since. so my question is i hooked up a pressure gauge to my fuel line to check my pump pressure. it ramped up to 49/50 psi (got the gauge from revision moto) but it does slowly loose pressure as it sits there. so one is it normal for it to slowly drop in pressure hooked up to my gauge? and the second question is how do i relieve the pressure from line now that gauge is connected? do i just have to deal with fuel spray? or is there a trick i dont know about. thanks

Healthy XB pump primes then cycles via ground signal from the ECM. Should immediately develop 48-51 PSI....HOLD that pressure for at least 5 minutes....and capable of holding typically 20PSI or close to that overnight.

There are 3 possible sources for failure to hold pressure but typically the most common is a failing regulator.

hey thanks yea i went into town did some errands. bout 2 hours later was still at 41 psi. as far as a way to relieve pressure i ended up disconnecting it at 25 psi lol got tiny spray fuel. i already have a rebuild kit from revision moto comming cause i doubt its ever been done and id like to know where im at with it anyway. thanks for the info.