Thread: 2006 XB12X fuel injector oring obsolete

2006 XB12X fuel injector oring obsolete

Harley sold me the wrong oring to replace my fuel injector orings. Symptom was poorly running idle not idle below 2K RPM. Rich fuel mixture and hesitate extremely poorly less than 30MPH.
    Advice on this website was to replace the intake seals which I did but still did not fix the issue! Decided to do the work again but this time also replace the orings. Glad I did.
    Fiasco stated form Harley bu not realizing this PN update on thier website. THen to realize te orings are NO longer available!

Measures orings and ordered from Mcmaster Carr: 1288N163 Chemical-Resistant Viton Fluoroelastomer O-Ring, Super-Resilient, 1/8 Fractional Width,
    Dash No.203, Packs of 5

The parts ordered are 4X P0029.028A as indicated on website turns out the correct part is P0028.028A which is no longer available!

IMG_3676.jpgIMG_3674.jpg
    Last edited by dmxb12x; 01-18-2023 at 01:25 AM.

You didn't see the difference when changing them ? One of a techs jobs is to make sure the parts guy gives them the correct part. They are just parts guys....not techs. That looked like a huge difference in size. Red flags abound.

Fuel injector O-rings were installed on the bike before I did work. Lead time for the orings were about 10 days out so I could not have compared them but thanks!

Yeah disappointed that even the Harley shop messed this up. (Its NOT the first time they also gave me the wrong battery with the battery posts swapped. That was another fiasco!)

Obviously I did not not the replace the old orings with the new orings
    Point of the post: 1) Harley PN is wrong and corrected New part number is not available
    2) Needed to size and purchase new orings from Mcmaster (PN 1288N163 Chemical-Resistant Viton Fluoroelastomer O-Ring, Super-Resilient, 1/8 Fractional Width, Dash No.203, Packs of 5)

Last edited by dmxb12x; 01-19-2023 at 11:42 PM.