Thread: No power in top end 2010 xb12 scg

No power in top end 2010 xb12 scg

Hey guys, I’ve mucked around with bikes in the past but never played with my buell.

Bike idles fine and runs well up to about 3500rpm then there’s just nothing and slowly continues to rev.
    I’ve done a TPS reset with no change and am currently draining the tank to remove the fuel pump to replace the filter.

I do have a buelltooth, but when playing around on it I’m not really sure what I should be looking for?
    It’s running a k&n filter and a adrenalineR exhaust. I believe it’s running a drummer map?

I’ve read these bikes should really haul and power wheelie, in my ownership it’s never been close to being able to achieve that. Fuel filter and plugs first but then hoping for some advice where to look next?

Cheers
    Last edited by Tweeds; 01-21-2023 at 08:31 AM.

I suppose compressions good? I'm going to say the map's not working with the exhaust your using.

It's not going to power wheelie in any gear but 1st.

I haven’t checked compression, I’ll be gutted if it’s low, currently have the fuel pump 90% removed to replace the filter, just need to drop the exhaust to get more clearance.
    I still have the stock exhaust so once back together will put that back on and see how it runs.
    I know buelltooth can email out maps so maybe I’ll try another.

image.jpgimage.jpg

What a mission!

Take your time and enjoy.

I have words - many adjectives - to describe fuel pump service/replacement on Buell's.

You have not had to replace a fuel pump on a Ducati Monster 620 yet. Unless you have small hands and stringy arms, the Buell setup is much much easier.