Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New motorcycle for me (also... WTF is wrong with me??)

New motorcycle for me (also... WTF is wrong with me??)

So... a certain forum member... I'm not going to mention any names, but its CoOter (who is a j3rk, btw), has been having too much fun racing motorcycles with Bubbles the past couple of years. So, after much heckling, teasing and hurt feelings on my behalf, I caved and picked up a Yamaha R3.

My first TRACKDAY is coming up in February and Bubbles already registered me in the Powder Puff age 6-11 division, which she thinks I should be very competitive in, at least until the girls take the training wheels off their bicycles.

Wish me luck!

1.jpg
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 01-23-2023 at 08:31 PM. Reason: its a trackday, not a race. sheesh!

Polk High School Football Rules!

I thought that the Bergman 650 Executive Scooter was made by Suzuki......not Yamaha?

Quote Originally Posted by Nade View Post
    I thought that the Bergman 650 Executive Scooter was made by Suzuki......not Yamaha?
    Honestly, I think the Burgman will outrun this bike. I've always thought it would be cool to get one of those in the Executive trim and go hunting 883 Sportsters.

I think this will be a lot of fun, regardless. Its kind of funny that my ...ahem "race bike".... is the most stock and least powerful of all of the motorcycles I've owned over the past 20 years.

I even joined a race team!

bm1.jpg

Which is awesome, until I saw this....

bm2.jpg

I think the appropriate question is what's right with you? Powerful or not that thing is sweet!

Its all fun and games till someone mentions 'race' and the visor goes down. Then people can lose an eye!

You ain't kidding! Sure, everyone likes winning, but I was never raised to be sport-o competitive. My life 'wins' were independent or personal, so in that vein I've done regular track days for well over a decade for adrenaline and to expand my motorcycling skill-set.

But racing? WOW. NOTHING compares to waiting for that green flag to wave and let loose a bunch of adrenaline pumped monkeys to all shoot for the first corner..... Except maybe a last lap pass

That's super cool! My very first bike was an R3 as well. Gotta love that 40hp! I always thought that engine was going to detonate every time I got it past 6000rpm or so.
    The front springs were super soft, even for my measly 155lb. Putting in some spacers to add preload was a cheap and easy fix.

LMK if you ever make it to a track anywhere close to NorCal. I'll bring my 10speed and see if I can keep up with you and Cooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Endopotential View Post
    That's super cool! My very first bike was an R3 as well. Gotta love that 40hp! I always thought that engine was going to detonate every time I got it past 6000rpm or so.
    The front springs were super soft, even for my measly 155lb. Putting in some spacers to add preload was a cheap and easy fix.

LMK if you ever make it to a track anywhere close to NorCal. I'll bring my 10speed and see if I can keep up with you and Cooter.
    Yours made 40hp? You gotta share your secret! LOL.

I figure a set of springs and heavier oil are in my near future. I have a set of preload adjusters on the way, which I was planning on using with a spacer. Because I like cheeseburgers.

Cooter keeps trying to sell me on Ohlins or a set of Gabriel Hi-Jackers he had on the El Camino.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast