Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB X1 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Wow, thats pretty thorough. Are they really that hard to find? Or just hard to find the 'right one'?
    Well they are not hard to find.
    There are some patterns I see across many of the sites.
    Rare ones of limited run in great condition (Millennium, Carbon Fiber, Red w/White Stripe, Blue w/White Strip) only come up approximately once a year at the most frequent. We're talking garage kept with less than 10k on the odo - usually 4k-6k or so.
    Stock ones are rare - almost everyone upgrades something or replaces something. I had some prospects for a while, but when you put the $30 intake+filter on it from ebay, it makes me not trust your ability to do what needs to be done to keep something in as good or better than stock condition. You cheaped out here, so where else did you cheap out? Or when you put S1/S2 headers on the X1 and then say it's stock...well...you may be able to lie to yourself, but not to me....so what else are you lying about...

The rare old boys like the RS and RSS people want $8k for a box of parts or close to $10k for assembled and running. I get they are collectors and want collectors pricing, so it's not what I want to do at this time.

The rest seem to be bikes that are all in the 20-25k mi range, where they want me to pay the same as a bike with 1-10k, so I kind of get the feeling I am paying for their emotional attachment to the vehicle or the 2023 standard price gouge on vehicles. Which while I want a Tuber X-1 and a Uly, I am not a sucker and I have the patience to wait for the bubble to pop and people to get more realistic. I also am not interested in paying for your creation. For example there is one that is very very nice, but simultaneously, it is an amalgamation of an X1 and an S series...which just looks weird to me. It's clear the previous owner had a style, but if you look at it, it's clearly neither and it's halfway to a rat rod, just add rust.

I was in talks with a smalltime stealership for one of theirs that needed some love, but between the fees, the salvage title, and the obvious slide damage on it, they wanted to charge me what everyone else cost to buy it (around $5.5k) so that conversation ended.

So here my search continues on
    Last edited by avenger09123; 02-19-2023 at 07:47 PM.

I certainly can't add to your well thought out conclusion to what you want. Good luck finding it! I'm sure once you do, you'll have a long satisfactory relationship with it

You just have to be diligent. X1's do come up, and I think Purpony was kicking around selling his awhile back. His would be the ultimate X1 to own.

One really nice one came available in Phoenix a year or so ago, at a bargain price also.

For what it's worth, I found a tool that will search Craigslist nationwide for any search terms I put in, which has helped greatly. I did find one in Canada with supposedly only ~700mi on the clock, which is intriguing. I'm probably going to avoid dealing with CBP and Canada CBP if I can get away with it though.

BadWeb has a new X1 on the site for sale, but the dude neither posts contact information or a price or a location where he's at, can someone post there and tell him so I can inquire within. My account there is still not "reviewed and approved."
    Last edited by avenger09123; 03-01-2023 at 12:01 AM.

Are you referring to the one posted by BuellJunkie?

If so, let me know and I will shoot him a message to contact you on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Are you referring to the one posted by BuellJunkie?

If so, let me know and I will shoot him a message to contact you on here.

That is the one! Pleasr and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger09123 View Post
    That is the one! Pleasr and thank you.
    OK. Done.

I sent you a PM with the Buelljunkie's (on BWB) email address.

"Let's see if he follows through..." - 34nineteen on BWB
    Ha...ha...mama didn't raise no quitter. or in the words of southpark...d180dc29-57a8-45a9-aca6-e3740e9d5b84_text.gif

I did. We talked. I like his bike. Quite frankly I thought he was pretty cool during the time we were discussing it as well.
    If the deal I am currently in falls through, his will be the next one I send a cheque to.

Otherwise I might have to wait a month or two and if it's still for sale buy a second one...shhhhh don't tell the wife :-P

Last edited by avenger09123; 03-08-2023 at 03:05 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast