Thread: XB9 primary swap - what's wrong?

XB9 primary swap - what's wrong?

Goodmorning,

I want a XB9 primary on my XB12 for more grunt and less top end.
    A friend of mine has a lot of parts lying around, so I took a crankshaft sprocket and a chain. We were both pretty sure that the sprocket is from a XB9 and the chain from a tuber (which should be the same as an XB9, if I'm correct?)

However, yesterday I wanted to slide the sprockets on the shafts with the chain, but it took a friend to get them on, so much tension is on the chain. See the picture below.
    So something is wrong. But can anyone help me with identifying the problem?

When counting the shackles on the chain, I come to 47. According to what I find, it should be 94 shackle chain, so 47x2 = 94, so probably they count double.
    But I also count the right number of teeth on the sprocket.

Does anyone know if there is a 47/94 shackle chain which is too short for this?

20230202_215035.jpg

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by RISL; 02-03-2023 at 07:07 AM.

Okay, I already found out. So just for the next one who makes the same mistake:

The tuber crankshaft sprocket has 35 teeth (so does the one I have).
    The one you need has 34 teeth, from the XB9.

The chain the same, the number of teeth and diameter of the sprockets is different.

I counted the number of teeth on a different sprocket and then used the another sprocket that was in the same box.

The tuber 35t and XB9 34t will/should interchange. You can even use the same chain.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing that on the MethBuell. I say pretty sure, because I did intend to swap to XB9 gearing, but later realized I had an extra XB9 front sprocket and was missing the 35t one from my tuber... so my assumption is that I put the 35t in there by accident.

I can 't recommend to use the 35T sprocket on the XB, there is no slack in the chain. Hard to slide over the shafts even with 2 people. And the tensioner has nothing to do anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RISL View Post
    I can 't recommend to use the 35T sprocket on the XB, there is no slack in the chain. Hard to slide over the shafts even with 2 people. And the tensioner has nothing to do anymore
    Then I must have also used the 96t chain with mine. I don't think I did that, but I also didnt think I put a 35t in, in place of a 34t.