Thread: Avoiding Panic Mode

Avoiding Panic Mode

In a pre-emptive "shot across the bow" to quell any rumors or false info being spewed about this, thought I'd provide some info on the Chinese-built Harley Davidson badged 350X and 500X models that have hit American shores:
    They are arriving at a few select dealerships
    They will NOT be offered for sale
    They will probably NOT be displayed on H-D website
    There is NO MSRP assigned to them or other pertinent info
    They will be supplied to and exclusively used by assorted Rider Safety/Rider Training type programs
    They will eventually be destroyed and discarded once their usefulness life-span has been reached
    A few supposedly will be returned to corporate R&D for evaluation once program is terminated

Pic from disembarkment

https://www.xr1200ownersgroup.com/cd...69-png.254314/

Thanks for the info John. I'm a little disappointed we won't be able to purchase them actually. I know they're chinese made but would still be a neat little cheap bike to have and it's fun owning Harleys bastards.

Can we also address this bs while rumors are being quelled? https://ridermagazine.com/2023/02/14...-at-vip-party/

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Thanks for the info John. I'm a little disappointed we won't be able to purchase them actually. I know they're chinese made but would still be a neat little cheap bike to have and it's fun owning Harleys bastards.

Can we also address this bs while rumors are being quelled? https://ridermagazine.com/2023/02/14...-at-vip-party/
    I love it and hate it all at once. Lots of things I like, and a lot of things I dont. Maybe the production version will sway my opinion. At least its not the Super Touring Hot Garbage thing.

Aaron: It IS a production version. NOT being inventoried or sold here.
    Cody: That Super Cruiser is about as appealing and attractive as the 1986 Suzuki Madura GV-1200. Google that abortion. Perhaps this Super Cruiser is the 1st offering in "The new line of 15 exciting ultra high-end performance motorcycles we will be offering in the near future"???? Remember that BS sales pitch from 2 years ago?

Yep that's accurate

That super cruiser does look like hot garbage. And I don't really understand why they think throwing some parts off an 1190rx on a fxr frame is an engineering marvel. I'm sure it's fast but so is a smart car with a busa motor swap.

Not the first time H-D has sold their soul to China