Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel map from Rev-Mo vs IDS

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Situational aperture so observed via ECM awareness parameters completely unrelated to slang acronyms OL & CL.
    Stoich utterly meaningless as is baro sensor and pulse width nonsense.
    Children frolicking within an endless field of daisies.

ich
    I happen to like daisies...

and frolicking!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    LOL. You'll only find that trash talk on Facebook. It's silly, but heres the cliff notes anyway. The "I'm a self-taught mechanic" guy that runs that FB Buell forum (Jacob) was friends with X-Opti (Mike IIRC?) on that forum. Jacob would advertise Mikes 'business' where would run OE tunes through the free program MegaLog viewer, claim they were his own and charge Buellers $350 for the privilege. The Rev-mo guy (Dave) is a computer geek and started doing that for free for everyone, and of course promptly ruined Mikes scheme of charging for his "tuning" of that OE property.

Popularity contest ensued, lots of capital letters were typed in anger, crosses were burned, and ****talking=FaceBook.

FACT:
    Bricking an ECM is not anything you can do without trying VERY hard to do the wrong thing. It is a long told rumor, rarely caused by forcing a wrong firmware version tune into an ECM. Heres the rub... It is IMPOSSIBLE using the ECMDroid interface that Rev-Mo uses. Theres not even a safety to defeat that would allow it. So by "impossible", I mean... impossible.

Doe's it surprise you that Facebook is full of ****?

And to Outlaws valid point, yes. IDS, with the help of Dean Adams, have made several tunes using actual tuning software and an actual dyno testing facility. It's semantics to choose who you believe owns the tune.
    Does IDS own the right to collect R&D cost from a dyno session twenty years ago? They started with an OE tune...
    Does the guy that originally bought the tune own it (and therefore can give it away)?
    Should the 3rd- 4th-10th recipient of that tune need to send IDS some royalty cash?
    Should the Rev-Mo guy pay IDS all that money he makes from the tunes (that he gives away for free)?
    Do you crave feeling higher-than-thou paying $350 for something you can get for free?

Fact is that Pandoras box is opened. The Buell ECM was jailbroken twenty years ago and even if Buell was still around, why would they care? IDS will even sell you an ECM that can be modified at home so....

Told ya it was silly.

TL;DR
    **** I hate Facebook.
    This comment was a lucky find... guy on the facebook group asked about how he could get his bike tuned and I suggested the Buelltooth and ECMdroid since it sounded like he was just looking for a simple filter/exhaust tune and I had several know-its-all jumping down my throat and telling me Rev-moto is trash and I was giving out bad advice for a company that steals tunes and wrecked peoples bikes...blah blah blah. Low and behold I was searching the forum for info on full exhaust systems and came across this. Golden... funny thing is I got the vibe that this was some HS drama crap...

IMO, ECMDroid is the real winner. It's an easy to use interface for diagnostics and can also load whatever (.xpr) fuel map you like from whatever source you prefer, and has enough safeties built in that a noob can't ruin their day. Where the 'donate here' tab for that? I'm in!

The Buelltooth dongle is very simply a universal Bluetooth chip with a universal 5VDC regulator soldered to the right connector, not even any magic beans! It wouldn't be worth my time to solder them together for the $45 bucks they charge for a lifetime warranty and access to a whole library of tunes for free.

I'm sure there are bigger mysteries, but I just don't get the tribalism and hate for someone trying to give the entire Buell community what they asked for. For free.

You're a real winner.

Damn! messed that one up.

I'm sure you meant wiener.

Sleeping on the job ain't ya!

While I guess you can use a precanned fuel map, the DDFI ECMs are pretty good for datalogging and adjusting the maps yourself. You do end up having some strange looking wiring routed all over your bike throughout the period you're datalogging, but I feel the end result is much more optimal than an off-the-shelf tune. We're a pretty fortunate bunch to have a TunerPro RT plugin, ADX and XDF files available to us at no cost.

Totally agree^^^^^ The canned tunes are all pretty good and close enough for the ECM to self-adjust (if you're lucky enough to know the source and not have to deal with corrupted or mystery ones). But why not go the extra mile since it's free

But why the "wires"? You can datalog to ECMDroid (bluetooth) with your phone and put it right in MegaLog Viewer. Once or twice seems enough if you ride and 'fill all the boxes'. Doesn't even need to be a long recording. Takes about an hour in the garage, and well worth the confidence even if the result feels exactly the same.

Why can't you guy's just use English to explain what your trying to portray to the rest of us.

I'll give you an example, I bought a Buelltooth from Rev-Mo for the 07 SS. The bike ran great prior to and after installing the Buelltooth and tune that was sent to me free of charge. Reason for purchase was I installed a K&N air filter and a Special Ops muffler. I reinstalled the original muffler and stock air filter after removing the K & N air filter and Special Ops muffler prior to selling the bike but left the tune on it. Took a two hour ride up to a friend's house who was buying the bike, it never ran so good. I actually had second thoughts about selling it.

No, I don't remember which tune Rev-Mo sent me.
    Last edited by njloco; 05-28-2023 at 04:41 PM.

LOL, totally and sorry. It's a foreign language that takes awhile to learn. I assume most of the wives feel that way when we talk cars/bikes with the boys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast