Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel map from Rev-Mo vs IDS

I use a tune that came with a Drummer on a Deans muffler also. The bike seems to run better using the Drummer vs the Deans and I suspect its a bit rich on top. Wont hit the rev limiter with the Deans but will with the Drummer. Headers are Forcewinder.

Differential girdle springs! Drawn reciprocation dingle arm!

I've got an old trusty laptop that I use for all of my datalogging purposes. For the Buells, I've got an old USB interface cable that has a Deutsch connector for mating with the DDFI-3 ECM and has worked reliably for over a decade, so have not ventured out to replace it with anything else. I tend to avoid wireless communications for datalogging as it's prone to dropping data packets. The cabling mess that I mentioned is usually associated with the wideband O2 sensors I'll have wired up, but it's not too bad.

All,
    Rev-Mo or IDS, here is my story…. 06XB12X purchased neglected but not abused. Replaced bearings, tires, fork seals, fork springs, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, belt, cleaned grounds, added extra grounds, plugs, wires. It had a buelltooth, Jardine and unknown tune. Asked Dave for a Jardine tune, no dice. Tunes are not registered to the bike but the purchasing human. OK, bought his SG muffler, baro sensor and tune. Reset TPS. Bike kept throwing CEL running lean. Replaced O2 sensor, CLT sensor, intake seals (new ones tested great), fuel pump kit from John, injectors cleaned by Chaz. Dave kept telling me the problem was my bike, not his tune. Advised upping AFV walked it up to 108%. Still throwing lean code. Upping global map seemed stupid. Send the ECM to IDS. They put in a tune for a free flow air cleaner and Jardine. Bike runs like a champ. AFV wanders around a bit but nothing extreme. Lots of respect for Dave and anyone keeping these old Buells on the road. Troubleshooting with him was a nightmare, bedside manner is a 0. I will give you or anyone a barosensor if you pay the postage.
    -Dave

Glad you got it running well and can enjoy it now.

Sounds like a win to me too

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    LOL, totally and sorry. It's a foreign language that takes awhile to learn. I assume most of the wives feel that way when we talk cars/bikes with the boys

I'm so glad he covered spurving bearings...

Speaking of baro sensors, I have a GM 3-bar MAP sensor integrated into my DDFI-3 system and when I climb past 6000' elevation the ECM starts throwing codes for baro sensor out of range, etc. I've tried adjusting the transfer function and mapping several times, but obviously do NOT have it setup correctly... curious if anyone knows exactly which tables need to be modified using TunerPro for the baro enable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123